• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]

Section 4.2 Planning
4.2.01 Timing
The HHT is to be taken after official notification of posting (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force) and normally before COS date (for Regular Force)/commencement date of the period of employment (for Reserve Force). If accommodation has been secured prior to posting notification (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force), entitlement is only for a DIT.

This is the policy:

Section 4.2 Planning
4.2.01 Timing
The HHT is to be taken after official notification of posting (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force) and normally before COS date (for Regular Force)/commencement date of the period of employment (for Reserve Force). If accommodation has been secured prior to posting notification (for Regular Force)/employment message (for Reserve Force), entitlement is only for a DIT.

kratz said:
I just finished 5 hours of printing, scanning, uploading, sorting, processing ect...to finalize three claims from our HHT. I like the suggestion for billing BRGS for our work on their behalf.
At least give admin days to and update CFLPM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stellarpanther said:
I'm actually looking at it now and it is 2 rooms but the last one I can find online is APS 14/15.  I can't imagine it would have changed.  Does anyone have a new version they can post?

Are you thinking DIT or HHT?  Similar concept, different rules.  Only ONE person travels on a DIT (you OR your spouse), so you only get ONE hotel room. 

Remember, you're not looking for a place on a DIT.  You're only inspecting a place you already own are have been assigned (e.g. a PMQ).  In effect, all you're doing is making sure everything is in order, or as I did on my last one, determine what repairs had to be made before my F&E showed up.

To all of those currently undergoing a move (i.e. Kratz), please keep this thread alive and keep posting about your experience. I'm going to be getting started with my move soon, and the more experience you can share the better it will be for the rest of us. Thanks in advance, I will try and do the same when my turn comes around (HHT in May is my plan).  :salute:

We submitted:
- Two claims from our HHT and are waiting for BGRS approval to reimburse our out of pocket expenses,
- Once approved, waiting for the funds to arrive on the "food card"  Reloc Visa,
- The CF483: Application to Move F & E emailed yesterday, and
- Movers called to book the house pre-inspection next week.

With the exception of the "food card"  Reloc Visa, the system seems to be working well enough.
The other issues are valid, but not insurmountable.

I was able to register today and start the process (receivved message last Friday).  I think the biggest issue will be learning the system.  I upload my current rental agreement today so hopefully I did that right.

Will my reloc card automatically get mailed out to me?

So I was just surprised at how easy it was to reach a BGRS agent to have all my questions answered. I was only on hold for about 2 minutes at the most.

1. relo card will be sent in approx 5 business days from the time you complete the registraton.

2. we are entitled to 2 hotel rooms for wife and I and son, or book a double room and get $50 per day extra to my personal envelope.

3. can only submit HHT/DIT request within 21 days of your requested time.

4. can request an advance prior to even receiving the card in the mail.  I'm a bit surprised by that because they would be giving you money for something that isn't even approved yet but who knows, maybe she does know her job.

5. car/hotel reservation can be booked on your own or through HRG

What about the personalized envelope? If the posting allowance is being paid out by the BOR is the personalized envelope empty/useless?

kev994 said:
What about the personalized envelope? If the posting allowance is being paid out by the BOR is the personalized envelope empty/useless?

I don't know.

To answer your question, I just reviewed our profile on the BGRS portal and the only item for the Personalized Envelope is the $650 Movement Grant.
Nothing is listed about the posting allowance. We are still attempting to figure out how to claim bank fees, driver abstracts and Canada post mail forwarding...all items that have been previously claimable on CF moves.

kratz said:
I don't know.

To answer your question, I just reviewed our profile on the BGRS portal and the only item for the Personalized Envelope is the $650 Movement Grant.
Nothing is listed about the posting allowance. We are still attempting to figure out how to claim bank fees, driver abstracts and Canada post mail forwarding...all items that have been previously claimable on CF moves.

I can't see anything for abstracts but I'm wondering if the receipt just needs to be uploaded and it would come out of the core like the other drivers stuff.  I'm thinking if they receive it, they'll sort out where it should come out of.  I may be too trusting of them though. lol

It's easy, simple to upload the receipts...the challenge is attempting to assign the expense based on the limited options available.

[quote author=stellarpanther] I may be too trusting of them though. lol  [/quote]

BGRS is already behind on trust and losing ground daily.

kev994 said:

1)  I thought the posting allowance was paid out by DRBM in Ottawa?  Not the BOR - just want to ensure clarity.  With this regard, I've seen that the posting allowance is issued on COS date automatically - but is there anything we need to do to touch base with that office?  Or by doing the BRGS registration, we are now in the queue to get it?  With that said, I can only assume the personalized folder will account for expenses not covered by core and custom.  Therefore your final posting allowance may shrink based on expenses incurred before your COS date.

2)  I'm a bit unclear how the RELOC card works exactly.  I assumed it just came pre-loaded with the funds you need for the move then you're off to the races.  Not true?  You can either:
a)  Request advance and funds loaded onto card - then submit claim to confirm the expenses; or
b)  Pay out of pocket, submit claim, funds loaded on card to be withdrawn in cash to be transferred to personal accounts

Did I get that right?

Finally, my own questions:
1)  I'm posted between to proximate bases where I plan to POMV everything.  Do I still need to register my family for TIN numbers with HRG?
2)  I read somewhere else to go ahead and request an advance on the $650 grant right away, as no follow up claim is required.  But I can't find the Admin category (its place in that category on the general page) on the Advance Request section to do it.  *EDIT* - I misread the tip - you don't request an advance, instead you submit a claim - and it shows up as one of the options.

Has anyone asked if they will even be paying out amounts that are tagged to your personal envelope? I can see them just saying that x item is funded out of your Personal envelope, so because you were issued the entire amount, pay for the expense out of that.

SF2 said:
Finally, my own questions:
1)  I'm posted between to proximate bases where I plan to POMV everything.  Do I still need to register my family for TIN numbers with HRG?

I can help here.

TIN's are only needed when booking through HRG. If you aren't booking flights, through HRG (usually only flights), you don't need a TIN. You can book trains and hotels through HRG as well, but you get a better discount on Trains if you book directly with VIA rail, so DON'T use HRG to book a train.

Second, be careful about taking POMV. Verify that the distance between your two bases is no more than 650km. For your HHT/DIT, you're only entitled to 1 day of travel, which means a max of 650km. Should it be greater than 650km, you'll need to ensure that the extra travel day is either on a weekend, or on a day of annual/stat leave. I'd also be careful in ensuring that Brookfield is aware of your intent to drive POMV so theyh don't accidentally book you a flight when you put your HHT application in.

kratz said:
Don't need / want clerks until....I will stop here.
Well, I can only offer my personal experience and they always treated me well. I understand others have had different experiences.

Lumber said:
I can help here.

Second, be careful about taking POMV. Verify that the distance between your two bases is no more than 650km. For your HHT/DIT, you're only entitled to 1 day of travel, which means a max of 650km. Should it be greater than 650km, you'll need to ensure that the extra travel day is either on a weekend, or on a day of annual/stat leave. I'd also be careful in ensuring that Brookfield is aware of your intent to drive POMV so theyh don't accidentally book you a flight when you put your HHT application in.

Can you not just use a rental vehicle for your HHT if you are within a days (~600km) driving distance?

Quirky said:
Can you not just use a rental vehicle for your HHT if you are within a days (~600km) driving distance?

It's all about overall cost. If the two bases are REALLY close, then:

Where the old and new places of duty are in close proximity, CF members may travel back and forth each day, while on HHT or DIT. They are on duty status during this time, therefore CO’s approval, even for weekend travel, is required.
Reimbursement shall not exceed the cost and time provided for one standard HHT or DIT. Extra transportation costs are offset by the elimination of any accommodation costs at the new location.

But if they aren't THAT close, but close enough to drive, then:

Entitlements are to be reimbursed as per section 3.3 based on the following:
Core benefit
• transportation to and from the commercial carrier;
• rental vehicle;
Private motor vehicle (PMV) – kilometric allowance not to exceed the total cost of commercial transportation;
• motorcycle – 60% of the kilometric rate not to exceed the total cost of commercial transportation; and
• parking and toll charges.

The bit in yellow.

4.5.03 Local transportation

If you are using PMV you will be reimbursd the kilometric allowance (not to exceed rental vehicle costs including the Collision Damage Waiver/Loss Damage Waiver, if required).

Finally:

4.5.04 Rental vehicle
There is no entitlement to local rental vehicle when PMV is the primary mode of transportation and additional expenses are claimed.
(*I believe this clause only comes into play if "additional expenses are claimed", which comes from para 4.5.0.1.)

Based on all this, I would say you can do either of two things:

1. Rent a vehicle, drive it to the HHT, and use it on the HHT; or
2. Drive your POMV to the HHT location, and then rent a vehicle for use during the HHT.

In either case, if the total cost of doing so is less than or equal to the "preferred/most-economical" method (i.e. fly and rent a car), then it should be approved.

Thanks for that.  I'm going from Pet to Kingston.  Sorry for the questions, but this is my first local posting where I didn't fly to my hht. 

Understood the pmv mileage is given up to max of rental cost for travel in between.  But what about in  location during the house hunting?  If I'm in a rental and get gas, I keep the receipt.  But the directive talks about mileage again for pmv (4.5.03).  So no gas receipts if I use the pmv?

I thought there was no change to to policy. Just to how the service is delivered. Why are there so many questions about paying out the personal envelope and worries that members won’t get posting allowances or paid out meals and incidentals. This card really is not a good idea. People have a great complaint. The money is on the card and not everyone takes the card. We should be able to opt out of the reloc card. Submit expenses via claims  and get reimbursed - advance if taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SF2 said:
Thanks for that.  I'm going from Pet to Kingston.  Sorry for the questions, but this is my first local posting where I didn't fly to my hht. 

Understood the pmv mileage is given up to max of rental cost for travel in between.  But what about in  location during the house hunting?  If I'm in a rental and get gas, I keep the receipt.  But the directive talks about mileage again for pmv (4.5.03).  So no gas receipts if I use the pmv?

I asked BGRS this question last night.  The answer I received was that since my move isn't very far I can either fly since there is an airport here and there or I can use my PMV or get a rental car here to drive to the HHT location.  If I use PMV, I will only get paid for the actual mileage or from here to HHT location not gas while I driving around.  If I get a rental I can submit all of my gas receipts.  I thought about flying but it would actually take longer to fly than to drive.  I'm surprised we have the option to fly for such a short distance although I knew someone who flew from Montreal to Ottawa for an HHT and got a rental while here.

Back