• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

Agreed. Even many in our partner nations are saying WTF. This is an epic fail and a joke. Who's idea was this anyway? :LOL:
You got that right. Defenders say as long as they can do their job who cares what they look like...I believe that part of "their job" is to give a professional image that Canadians can have confidence in and be proud of. It's too much and will probably come back and bite the CAF in the ass.

I think the issue here is the unkept look. One can have long hair and beards ect ect and still look well turned out.
That is what I have noticed as well, it's not so much that people are choosing to have long hair and beards, it's that they look scruffy rather than put together.

He's apparently a recruiter, so the badge is correct, if a bit high on the pocket. Hardly a major dress infraction, and one the public would never notice.

You want to have a fun time with command badge placement, look at the navy DEU... there is no pocket, so they end up in some weird places.
There's a command badge for the Navy?????

There's a command badge for the Navy?????
There are navy DEU people who work in different commands, like CMP, ADM Mat, CFINTCOM, etc., so they need to wear the appropriate command badge.

There are navy DEU people who work in different commands, like CMP, ADM Mat, CFINTCOM, etc., so they need to wear the appropriate command badge.
I remember being given a badge when I worked for ADM IM, never wore it.

I prefer to follow direction, particularly since I expect people to follow my direction. ;)
In my defence, my LCol boss didn't wear his either.
Now my curiosity is raised. When I get back to Carling in April I'll be keeping an eagle eye out for badge concurrence.

In my defence, my LCol boss didn't wear his either.
Now my curiosity is raised. When I get back to Carling in April I'll be keeping an eagle eye out for badge concurrence.
It is interesting... some appear closer to the belt line than the breast pocket, while others are almost touching the nametag.

This last Remembrance Day was the first time I wore a navy DEU jacket, so I pulled out a ruler and measured the command badge position based on the dress regs.

Many look like an absolute train wreck... now add this look to unfit people with ill-fitting uniforms. Just a disaster.

We've lowered our standards in just about every metric I can think of. 90% of our unit can only get a "pass" on the fitness test and it's not from a lack of trying either. Best thing you can do on a personal level is to keep up your fitness (for your own health) and keep your uniform in better condition than everyone else. God forbid you need to give the boots a quick brush everyday.

I'm designing my own badge to advertise how great us old retired guys were in the day. Sons of Arthritis badge I think is a good name?
It's taken.

soa_fb_1024x1024.jpg

The defenders of the new dress "policy" (free for all?) can defend it all they want.

Rest assured many in the public are not impressed with it. at all. I am not talking ex-CAF members either.

Your appearance is the first impression you get to make.
I remember coming back from a exercise and stopping in a gas station. I had black boots nicely cleaned and blackened, made sure I was presentable for the public. The soldiers I was with had the standard stained brown boots which even though clean looks like crap. Some random old guy commented, ‘thats how they should look’, pointing at my boots and walked away. That has always left a impression on me as to how the public views things.

I remember coming back from a exercise and stopping in a gas station. I had black boots nicely cleaned and blackened, made sure I was presentable for the public. The soldiers I was with had the standard stained brown boots which even though clean looks like crap. Some random old guy commented, ‘thats how they should look’, pointing at my boots and walked away. That has always left a impression on me as to how the public views things.
Meh... I had a random dude thank me for being a peacekeeper... I was simply wearing a blue RCAF beret.

Black boots belong on parades, and in history books.

Back