• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Combat shirts?????????????

Quagmire said:
No need to make new pockets (ie size).  Just more of the breast pocket and mount one on each sleeve.  Leave the one on the breast.  10min more in the making of the shirt.
exactly! You don't want a Velcro-secured pocket on your sleeve, anyway. Velcro is loud. Buttons are quiet. Loud noises are even louder at night. Louder yet in the desert at night.

Considering the amont of time the "clothe the soldier" took. I would not be suprised if it takes 20?? to make desired changes to the uniform.

I like the breast pockets, but I've never been overseas (reserve). That said, arm pocket would A) make sense and B) allow you to carry more stuff over all; in the field you could stick something you don't need on your person but not instant access to in the breast pocket (spare glasses? I always take them on Ex, and I want them on me, but I've never needed them).

I was there not to long ago  and we had to set up a tent for the Afgan local to pray because there where the one making the modification on the shirt.

Just so everyone is up to speed. The shirt mods have been authorized by the CDS...NOT the TF RSM.
I had mine done at KAF while I was there for two months in Apr/May. On my last trip to Pet from K-Town the TF RSM had a go at me for having "illegal" mods and ordered me to remove them. Respectfully I declined, and after an explanation as to why, he just huffed and walked away grumbling..

You wouldn't happen to be able to provide me something in writing would you.  I believe you however its never a bad thing to have proof positive.

Thanks.  I'll have a look tomorrow but may be back for more precise directions.

recceguy said:
Post it for everyone. They can carry a copy in their pocket,
Yes, in their modified pocket no less (grin)
I still cannot believe that we don't have authorised "CDS-Stamp of approval" sleeve pockets.  Buttons, not velcro, as others have said here.

von Garvin said:
Yes, in their modified pocket no less (grin)
I still cannot believe that we don't have authorised "CDS-Stamp of approval" sleeve pockets.  Buttons, not velcro, as others have said here.

I was going to say someting about rock painting monkeys, but I'll refain in deference to you VG ;) ;D

Back