• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CF Physical Fitness Webiste-DFit.ca

VIChris said:
This kind of thing should be sorted out before people see it, otherwise they are unlikely to come back and check it out again. I'm including myself in that demographic. There may be good info there, but I ca go to any other number of websites and actually access the info without issue.

;D

I guess you don't use any Microsoft software or systems.

The site is looking a bit better these days. Looks like they've dropped the forum.

Dfit.ca = http://www.cfpsa.com/en/PSP/Fitness/

For sure going to check this out. Hopefully its the right one for me. Thanks for the link man.

Just checked it out using Safari and I gotta say the new layout is great, no overlay problems and the form for producing a customized workout PDF works brilliantly.

The majority of the problem I ran into on the last site mockup are virtually non existent now.

What happened top all the videos of the exercises? Or was that somewhere else and I'm just confused due to all this blue tide/orange wave malarky?

Wook

The site is still in its construction phase.  It will be fully operational this summer.

Any updates on the status of this website? When I go to dfit.ca, it redirects me to the CFPSA website.

Can't log on to Dfit.ca. I tried registering, i used my service number and got this message: Your membership could not be found based on the provided information.

Any help?

As with anything government probably delayed, I can't go anywhere on the site either.

October, and still issues with getting into the site. Has anyone here successfully registered for the site?

Petawawa sent out a base email saying there was going to be a large display at the base gym showcasing this website;  sometime around mid October.  I would think the site would be up and running by that time at the latest.

According to an e-mail I received today from the fitness coordinator, everyone will be able to register beginning 11 Oct. if you try any earlier, you will just receive an error message

Neat, and long overdue.  I'm envious ... looks like we civ employees won't be able to take a look & get some tips for our fitness as well, but I understand the specialized nature of the site. 

A welcome development.

This is the blurb that we were sent about the site.  We were also told a launch of Thu 11 Oct.

Discover DFit.ca – Your Online Source for Fitness Information
By Jen Seipp, CFPFSS Communications Advisor

This October, the PSP Directorate of Fitness is pleased to launch a new web-based fitness tool, www.Dfit.ca, to help Canadian Forces personnel plan, monitor and enhance physical fitness training.

This innovative, interactive web application will help you meet your fitness needs wherever you are located, in Canada or abroad, on a base or on deployment. Dfit.ca provides a variety of fitness training plans, video demonstrations, injury prevention information, and online journals to help you record your activities and stay on track.

“Dfit.ca is a modern, easy-to-use tool that provides state of the art, professional fitness programs and resources right at Canadian Forces members’ fingertips,” says Daryl Allard, Director of Fitness. “You can log in from a home computer, a DWAN work station, or even a smart phone or tablet to access fitness information whenever and wherever you need it.” 

Whether you’re training to prepare for a deployment, pass your annual fitness evaluation, run a marathon, or improve your regular workout routine, Dfit.ca can help. The application features video demonstrations of hundreds of unique exercises, and allows you to generate your own fitness training plan based on your specific environment, length of training, workout frequency, and your current fitness level. This combination of ready-to-go materials and individual customization makes Dfit.ca a great hub of information that’s easy to adapt to meet your goals. Should you encounter a question, Dfit.ca’s interactive forum connects you with PSP Fitness personnel who can provide helpful feedback and advice.

“Dfit.ca is all about connecting Canadian Forces members with an accurate, interactive and effective health and fitness resource,” says Ben Ouellette, Senior Fitness Manager. “We know that Canadian Forces members can’t always visit our PSP fitness and health promotion personnel for one-on-one advice, so Dfit.ca enables members to go online and access the tools they need to maintain a high level of fitness, and be physically ready for any operational challenge.”

Log in to www.Dfit.ca to start planning and improving your fitness routine today!

They could have saved the money they spent on this website and simply enforced harsher reperussions for those not meeting the required standard of fitness (which itself is abominably low anyways),  like I dunno, C&P? Remedial PT?

Towards_the_gap said:
They could have saved the money they spent on this website and simply enforced harsher reperussions for those not meeting the required standard of fitness (which itself is abominably low anyways),  like I dunno, C&P? Remedial PT?

How is it saving money? You need to give people the tools to be successful in their physical fitness training, not just say "go read the internet or ask a buddy". PSP is long overdue having a resource for people to get a simple training plan made, with the proper form for all the lifts/techniques. Throwing someone in a weight room and telling them if they don't get fitter they'll go on C&P is not a solution. I think this is going to save money by having less need for remedial PT because they're going to have the fitness tools in their toolbox from the CF's fitness professionals.

As a guinea pig for the Project Force trial, I was given a USB that had my results loaded on it.  We were told that once the DFIT website was active, we could transfer our data onto the site and it would built a program for us based on those results. 

Considering the changes that are expected with the new fitness testing, I think the website could prove to be a valuable tool.  Anyone can practice on their own for an Expres Test, but adding in the other expected activities will definitely be a change to a workout for most people.

Hello! I think that is going to benefit a lot of people in CF. It is friendly user, I try to log-on and didn't work. Few tips that I like to share when people talk about training and nutrition at the gym.

Nutrition, every think you can gather, pick, grow and hunt. Google paleo diet, avoid bread, pasta, Carbohydrate.... it is hard the first 2 week after you wile be amaze by the result without training.

Training, I'll to keep it simple and I take this training out of a wonder full book: Body by Science

Only once a week

The BIG 5 with equipment: Seated Row, Chest Press, Pulldown, Overhead Press, Leg Press.
1 rep of (TUL) time under load, your goal should be around 2 min per rep until exhaust if you are over 2 min next workout add load.

A Free-Weight Big 5: Bent-over barbell row, Standing Overhead Press, Bench Press, Dead Lift, Squat.
1 rep of time under load (TUL), your goal should be around 2 min are until exhaust if you are over 2 min next workout add load.

DR. Doug McGuff MD | Biochemistry of the Paleo Diet and Strength Training Here a heads up for you, 

Short version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FrP5k2_B9Q

Long version the best : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdJFbjWHEU

Keep it real!!! Do not overtraining... but overtraining when it is the time to get it done...  ;D

PuckChaser said:
Throwing someone in a weight room and telling them if they don't get fitter they'll go on C&P is not a solution.

How is it not? It is a requirement of service to meet a certain standard of fitness, persons who do not meet that standard should face consequences. Anyone want to come on here and tell me the standards are too hard to meet?

I have spent enough time overseas getting held up on patrol/ops by people who are not fit enough to be outside the wire having to have IV's etc because they were going down. Funnily enough these same people usually had XL+ clothing requirements if you catch my drift.

I agree, the website is a nice idea, but you can get all the info you need from the internet as it is, there's not exactly a lack of fitness websites out there. And it's not like the CF is producing olympic athletes who need personalised fitness programming, we just need people who can hack a level 6 on a beep test or who can walk for 13kms. Not exactly 'elite fitness' now is it?

I'm agree with  Towards_the_gap regard internet and they MUST provide more support to PTSD awareness than unfit people. And get ride .... ha!!! When you think of it ... this the top of the iceberg... This is a other topic....

Back