• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CAP - need clarification

mdh

Reaction score
I've recently heard conflicting information about the new CAP which, apparently, has now combined reg and reserve force officer trainees.

I'm told that this new 12-week CAP (which according to prior threads here is something of a return to the old RESO program) has replaced the old 6-week CAP-R.

However, are they still offering the new 12-weekCAP in modules? I know it was suggested that it would be broken down into modules for those with limited availability, but I haven't been able to confirm this information. If indeed they are running a modular CAP would they be offering them during winter months as well?

Thanks in advance for anyone in the know,

cheers, mdh   :)

First I have heard of it?  One of the reasons for the new training design was to specifically offer module based training so that reservists could take part in the training while maintaining a full time civie career.

First I have heard of it?  One of the reasons for the new training design was to specifically offer module based training so that reservists could take part in the training while maintaining a full time civie career.

Hi San,

That's what I thought too but apparently there has been a change this year (at least according to a couple of threads on this site and some other information (admittedly incomplete) that I've received through our unit. Again if someone has some hard info it would be appreciated.

cheers, mdh

mdh said:
Hi San,

That's what I thought too but apparently there has been a change this year (at least according to a couple of threads on this site and some other information (admittedly incomplete) that I've received through our unit. Again if someone has some hard info it would be appreciated.

cheers, mdh

Do a Search of the Forums. This topic has been discussed earlier.

All CAP serials are now modularized (4 x two week modules, 1 x 3 week module) for Regulars and Reservists, meaning people who RTU near the end don't have to repeat everything, only the modules they did not complete.  The Modules are supposed to be designed so those with limited availability can take them whenever necessary.  There is a compressed CAP running right now for Reservists on the old "CAP(R)" plan to sort of catch up, but starting this fall under the new RAOTP scheme (Reserve Army Officer Training Plan), everyone Reg and Reserve does the same CAP course.

mdh said:
I've recently heard conflicting information about the new CAP which, apparently, has now combined reg and reserve force officer trainees.

I'm told that this new 12-week CAP (which according to prior threads here is something of a return to the old RESO program) has replaced the old 6-week CAP-R.

However, are they still offering the new 12-weekCAP in modules? I know it was suggested that it would be broken down into modules for those with limited availability, but I haven't been able to confirm this information. If indeed they are running a modular CAP would they be offering them during winter months as well?

Thanks in advance for anyone in the know,

cheers, mdh   :)

All CAP serials are now modularized (4 x two week modules, 1 x 3 week module) for Regulars and Reservists,

Thanks Redeye - that's what I was looking for, cheers, mdh

Back