• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Beret

missionessential

Inactive
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to do this, I have to ask for some assistance. I have searched and have not been able to come up with any suppliers for navy blue berets.

As a disclaimer, I will say that I have been in the Army for almost twenty years and have never had any issues with issue berets. I am also very well versed in how to form a beret.

I am also a civilian police officer and I will be deploying with CIVPOL. They have issued us navy blue berets and to be honest, it has so much extra material that I probably could use it as a sleeping bag. I have tried several methods to shrink it but it is still F'ing huge! It is a Parkhurst beret, same as Logistik Unicorp carries.

If anyone could advise where I may be able to find a navy blue beret (Belgian perhaps) it would be greatly appreciated.

ME

Our RCEME types haven't worn them in years. Maybe try looking around the Brit REME sites.

The Artillery used to wear Royal Blue/Navy Blue Berets prior to unification and everyone going to green.

You may try one of the RA Kitshops online.

Or you can do what our Navy does, and buy an Armour Corps Berets.  The black is fairly close to Navy Blue.

Another suggestion, that relies on "luck", is to wash your beret in hot water and then throw it into the dryer.  It'll shrink.........hopefully to the size you want.  >:D

Another option may be the Legion.

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had any internet access for the past couple of weeks.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will try and contact those websites before I deploy. Your help is much appreciated.

ME

Back