• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Never give in--Australia stands it's ground

Good on ya AE  :salute: for posting this info!

It is no secret that we are already 'pre-targeted'  by other extreme islamic factions. Even our PM has admitted that we will be attacked sooner than later, and with an election this yr, makes the situation even more deadly.

We are lucky to have a very active group of  :bullet: security forces  :salute: , who are doing their best to protect our citizens. Sadly there are dangerous people  >:D right in Sydney and other places whos loyayity is elsewhere  >:D, and are helllbent on causing death  :skull: and destruction anywhere in Australia.

Cheers,

Wes

Well, after seeing what happened wrt the Phillipines and Spain, its good to see the Australians holding their ground.

P.S I figured you'd be pretty quick to respond on this.... ;D

What do expect from a country populated by criminals. :)   Big Brass Balls.   Also there immigration policies are far more tolerant than ours (which I totally agree with).  I wish our country had the same wher-with-all.

"Also there[sic] immigration policies are far more tolerant than ours "

What are you talking about? Have you heard of the Australian points system? Your education/training and career are worth so many points and if you are short the 100 required to immigrate you can buy more points by buying Australian bonds.

Tolerant is not the word I would use.

It is not a bad system down under, just quite restrictive.

I think I know what he meant ...

Australia is far tougher on refugees than many western countries.   Unlike Canada, they are more commonly detained while they await their hearings for refugee status.

People forget that the UN's own principles on refugees dictates that a person who seeks refuge from their own nation shall declare themselves in the first safe haven they reach.   Quite often, for both Canada and Australia, refugees have passed through SEVERAL countries capable of offering safe refuge, and yet many refugees choose not to stay there, and instead move on to the country of their choice, which is not the intention of the UN at all.

Every industrialized country receives a quota of convention refugees, in order to ensure that the distribution is fair and does not over-burden nations unfortunate enough to be located nearest to a war-torn country.   But many refugees choose to skip the line, because they have the means or money or desire, and they choose one of several nations they have heard are more favourable to live in or raise children in, such as Canada, the UK and Australia.   Australia makes their country a less attractive choice by imprisoning refugees until their matters are decided by their courts, and god bless 'em for it.   If every western country did the same thing, the UN's intention on refugees would be followed more closely.

As for immigration points systems, it's all bunk.

Nearly every industrialized nation requires immigrants, and has a selection system for admitting them, based on all sorts of categories and criteria.   Canada and Australia are no different.   Both countries will allow you to immigrate if you are wealthy enough and can meet a basic standard, and it usually involves an investment scheme.

Sorry I meant to say stringent not tolerant.

portcullisguy sayed what I meant.

Sadly its out of necessity, not out of arrogance. Australia has been raped and abused all too often be these 'assylum seekers', and the general populus has had a gutful.

Cheers and beers to ya's all. ;D

Wes

Back