• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need worthy VA advice

Lard of the Dance

Inactive
Reaction score
  Here it is, 98 Ice Storms, given jobs we shouldn't have been given, ended up tasked out to Hydro Quebec. They had us performing maintenance on PCB containers for power lines. For real! Had a slight slip, stepped into one of those things. No medical attention, no CF 98, Troop Officer and WO cared not. So, should I apply to VA, eventhough I know the routine that they'll use? And please, no mess hall lawyers, I'd appreciate advice from somebody whose been there.

Cheers all

No medical notes?  No CF 98?  Do you have any documented proof?  It's pretty hard to make a claim on something that hasn't been recorded.  For instance, I injured my back in Basic in '86.  No medical attention, no CF 98 (I don't even think they had them back then).  I did go see the MO when I got to Borden because my back didn't bother me until then.  Without any documentation, I was told the best bet was to get witness statements.  Unfortunately, anyone who was around then are either out, or don't remember, so no luck.

In Greenwood, in '87 or '88 we (Base Tfc) were responsible for assisting with the packing and shipping of PCBs.  We all had a note put on our med docs.

Good luck.

Back