• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

need some current info on course names and progression - officer

Maxadia

Inactive
Reaction score
I work with a very small unit, kind of isolated, and I'm getting some very different information regarding my potential course loads. Please correct me if I am wrong in any of the following:

1) I am one of four officers on a BMQ course.  I believe that we officers are actually loaded into the system as completing "BMOQ pt.1" - the same course, but a different classification due to the four of us being officers.

2) My next course after this will be starting next month.  It is an officer course only.  I believe this to be BMOQ pt.2, with the Appendices E & F (mainly concerned with leadership doctrine) to be the reading package completed before entering this course.

3) This summer, I am trying to get loaded on the former CAPs course.  I believe the current name for this is BMOQ-L.

4) Following that, the next potential course would be my DP.1 Artillery Officer course.

Is that current and correct?

Thanks.

This could be the blind leading the blind but I am currently on a weekend BMQ (BMOQ, pt. 1, I suppose) and I have be told the exact same course progression schedule as you have above.

As a Log O, I can only speak up to BMOQ Land but are correct up to there.

I work in ops and deal primarily with courses. You're spot on.

BMOQ Pt 1 and 2, with 1 being the PRes BMQ.

BMOQ-L, former CAP. Usually at the Infantry school in Gagetown; occasionally elsewhere.

DP1.1 at the Artillery school also in Gage.

Thanks Brihard. Sometimes hard to keep up to "leading change".  ;D

DP1.1 is also occasionally elsewhere. My spouse did it in Valcartier (there were three locations for Arty DP1.1 in summer 2010: Gagetown, Valcartier and either Shilo or Pet), but had to go back to Gagetown for DP1.2.

Cheers

Back