• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need a new watchband, thinking of this

jonsey

Inactive
Reaction score
Canadian Peacekeeper "Combat Watchband"

My watch band broke. Actually, the stitching in the leather piece that loops around the pin to secure the strap came undone.

I'm looking for one that'll last, be comfortable while working out, and generally work.

So?

I have an olive drab one, I tried it and didn't like it, email me your address and you can have it if you want.

Chimo

I think those bands are kinda bulky and it would only be good in the field, not everyday use.

I use a Timex green expedition sans watch band. The bands are too bulky not very tactical with that ripping Velcro. If you get one, do yourself a favor and get a second watch for civi street. I can spot a newbie a mile away with his "Peacekeeper" watchband and exposed ID discs.

I'm happy with this one and I've seen quite a few others with them.

http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=048148846012

of course that's watch and all.

You can get watches cheap these days so if you replace a band and battery that's almost the price of a new watch.

Chimo

I don't bother with those watchbands

My watch
http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=048148529915
Has lasted me quite some time, on civvie street, basic training, FTXs, etc.

And Jonsey, why would you want a military style watch band/cover if your not in?
If your watchband broke, just pick up another one at a sports store or whatever.

Here's a bit of trivia for you, the human eye/brain can interpret analog displays faster than digital ones but
digital displays give greater resolution.

I find the one I've got gives the best of both worlds.

A stop watch is a must (safety fuse etc.)

Chimo

I'm not looking specifically for a "military" watch band, I'm just looking for something that'll be comfortable to wear, whether I'm at work, school, taking my bike up the rail trail or jogging through the park.

I recommend wearing your watch on the insider of your wrist. That way you can hold a rifle, and still know what time it is.

spacelord said:
I recommend wearing your watch on the insider of your wrist. That way you can hold a rifle, and still know what time it is.

In addition, I would also recommend getting a ring through your testicles - as Denis Leary says, that way "you'll always know where your keys, and your balls, are."

sdimock said:
I'm happy with this one and I've seen quite a few others with them.

http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=048148846012

of course that's watch and all.

You can get watches cheap these days so if you replace a band and battery that's almost the price of a new watch.

Chimo

I have 2 of these Expedition watches. A tan faced one for in uniform and sports/pt, and a white faced one for not in uniform.
For my uniform watch, the watchband was a brown wedded style watch with a normal pin thru hole attachment. That lasted almosr 2 yrs. I have since replaced it with a velcro wrap around band which I purchased from Walmart for $13.

For medical side, I have an absolute need to have accurate 10, 15, 30 and 60 sec counts that only digital can provide, but I prefer reading an analog dial. This watch provides me with everything. I used to own timex Ironman watches, amongst other lesser names, and found the watch above fits all my needs.

BTW, the older leather watchbands with a leather cover for the face is still the standard for military watchs, and still looks stylish out of uniform.

I have a Swiss Military watch with a leather band.
It has a very good luminous dial and does not BEEP!!
A leather band I have found is the best.

lol...I forget which comedian said this:

"What would the Swiss do in a war...steal our watches and make them better"

Ya, kinda lame, just thought I'd throw it out there...also if all your going to be doing is school, biking and jogging, then why do you need such a protective band...any regular watch (yes, even the ones MacDonald's gave away in 1998 (?) for the Olympics that one year) would do...why such the big precaution for the little you'd be doing to damage it?

I've always worn a Timex usually with a black leather band.(always the water resistant ones) I found the indiglo handy while out on patrol while I  was a security guard, When the BC Corps of Commissionaires had the contract for B.C.I.T.  Whenever my strap broke I just replaced it with a new one found anywhere Timexs are sold

skura said:
lol...I forget which comedian said this:

"What would the Swiss do in a war...steal our watches and make them better"

Ya, kinda lame, just thought I'd throw it out there...also if all your going to be doing is school, biking and jogging, then why do you need such a protective band...any regular watch (yes, even the ones MacDonald's gave away in 1998 (?) for the Olympics that one year) would do...why such the big precaution for the little you'd be doing to damage it?

I'm not looking so much at the protective aspect of it, I'm just looking for something comfortable and durable. I like my watch, it's large, analog, indiglo, everything works (I've had more expensive, "classy" metal clasp watches, both are broken).

Back