• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM on FPS, Severance pay?

Infantry

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi
I'm presently on an FPS due to broken reg force service.  Will I get a severance package(pay) when I finish my contract.  I know officers get it when they retire on an FPS, but I was wondering if it's the same for an NCM?
I know you get it on an IE, but I couldn't find any info for NCM on FPS.

Any help?

Thanks

Drop by your OR and they can give you a fairly close approximation of what it will be.  The Release Section will have the exact amount for you when you are finally processed.

I've actually tried getting the answer a few times from the OR over the span of 9 months with no help.  I've also emailed the Pension office directly a couple of months ago and still no answer.  I just wondered if someone knew the answer on here.

Pension office has nothing to do with Severance gratuity... if that's who you asked, then this might be the reason no one bothered to answer you...

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/pension/leaving_e.asp?sel=null

Retirement Leave, Release Pay and Severance Pay
Look at left hand column... press "leaving the forces"
press FAQ

there are a couiple of contact points you can follow up on.... or direct your OR to follow up for you.... if they didn't know already.

Assuming that you are being released under 4B - Completion of a Fixed Period of Service, then yes, you should be receiving severance pay.

If memory serves me right, only for the last period of continuous service though.

However, the "OR per se is not the best place to get your answer - get an appointment with the Release Section. As entitlements for each person releasing varies they are the only ones who can provide the actual answers you are looking for. Not the internet.

This topic should be under "Release & Retirement " forum.

Oh!  Just to clarify this.  The answer to the original question is: YES.

Do we have to go on any more and sidetrack on any other tangents?

The Release Section is the place where you find the final answers when your time is up.

Back