• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy Reserve Intelligence Officer

gargaflute

Inactive
Reaction score
So I've finally been accepted in the trade I wanted  (Intelligence Officer in the Navy Reserve for those who are still wondering).

I`m trying to get some info about the training (besides BOTC, I did it in 2002 and left the reg force in 2005, so it`s still valid), and I can`t get much info. 

I looked it up on forces.ca but it doesn`t say how long the courses are, what they test you on, where the courses are given and if they`re valid for the reg force.

So here`s the breakdown;

- Phase 2; The Naval Environmental Training Program 
Sounds like a general course that everyone in the navy has to take. Am I right?

- Phase 3; Basic Intelligence Officer Qualification
That`s the 6 month long course in Kingston I guess?

- Naval Cooperation and Guidance for Shipping Training
Navy specialization course I presume?

Anyone has some solid info about these courses?

Cheers

Hey there, I`m a NAVRES IntO right now... not for long, but eh!

After BOTC, you will do NETPO which is two weeks long. You don`t need to do it straight away, i.e. before BIOC, but if you enrolled under RESO you will not get your commission after BIOC if you didn't do NETPO, so you might want to consider doing it before. BIOC is now 15 weeks (I believe) at CF Fleet School Quebec. You will love it. The location is wonderful in Quebec City, it's one of the nicest schools in the Forces. The course itself is demanding academically and requires LOTS of memorization; you will also need to display confidence. Aside from that, it's fairly straight forward. Absorb and regurgitate. The course ends with an Int Watch Floor ex. You graduate and get your commission. After that comes NCAGS, which is interesting but also boring, according to my colleagues who have done it. NCAGS is more than just an environmental, it's a specialization required by NATO, and a tasking which only NAVRES carries out in the CF.

Any more questions pm me.

Cheers!

Back