• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy Recruitment

Navalsnpr

Inactive
Reaction score
Something was mentioned to me a number of years ago and I figured I'd drop a post about it regarding recruitment into the Navy Element.

Whereas 80% of the population of Canada does not border an ocean, how can the Forces effectively recruit personnel into the Navy from those areas?

No I am not a recruiter, I'm just curious as to what people that do not live near an ocean would think.  Obviously if you live near the ocean you can still comment!!

Being from Manitoba, I'm about as far from the Ocean as you can get. But there are alot of prairie folk in the Navy, (nat as many as Newfs) but I joined cause I wanted to see the world and I was sick of eating dirt.    ;D

I seem to remember a guidance counsellor once telling me that Coast Guard Search & Rescue seeks out the prairie people because they are used to looking at big sky and lots of horizon. There are some coastal people I know whe have never stepped on to a boat. I'm from the prairies and really enjoy sailing, so.... food for thought.

bhobson

Back