• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navistar awarded 1300 truck contract

Can't wait for my #1 to yell a cease fire (or a cease firing as in the books)
(sorry but learned my gun drill in french, so I know i might not have the exact terms but you get the idea), unlike the engineers,
I will not be the last one out  ;D
so we'll just have to wait and see

geez that extended cab looks stupid. Thought they would at least get something that looks like the ones seen on fire trucks.

Hi George,

Is the second set of photos a variant that we're actually procuring?

Thanks in advance, Matthew.  :salute:

No, we are not buying the second, smaller model.  The photos are from CANSEC; I suspect NAVISTAR would be happy to offer them to us if we wanted them, though...

The MSVS MilCOTS is closer in size to the HLVW than the MLVW.  I've heard rumblings that the conversion training will be different packages depending on whether the driver previously had MLVW or HLVW quals.

Not for CE.  The post hole auger seems utterly useless for any military function.  Paint it yellow, with a Black hood, and it will sleep 20 as they do some fencing in Area 51.

George Wallace said:
Not for CE.  The post hole auger seems utterly useless for any military function.  Paint it yellow, with a Black hood, and it will sleep 20 as they do some fencing in Area 51.

Geez there goes my retirement project  ;D

Remember: Only one company offered to sell DND vehicles to meet the MSVS MilCOTS RFP.  So your options become:

(a) Take it; or

(b) Leave it.

That is one sweet looking piece of kit. (hope to get on train the trainer this month in Pet)I have been following the MLVW replacement proj from the beginning and was getting a little worried that nothing was going to come through for us. It's going to be good for training and domestic ops. Like call outs for floods, ices and what ever else is thrown at Canada.

Rob :cdn:

George Wallace said:

Well, back in the day before the only thing we trained for was ripping around in LAVs shooting shit up, us engineers had to be able to do shit like blow up roads and stuff.  I'll take that auger over backhoe, Mexican, long handled, air cooled, any time for route denial, steel post obstacles, etc.  You know, that OTHER stone age engineering everyone has forgotten about.

Those kits were pretty handy.  Getting the compressor up and down a ramp on a 113 was fun.  Look at the height of the back of this thing.

Wheeled field troops have been hauling heavy crap such as camouflet tubes, points, thumpers, and driving caps out of the back of wheeled SEVs for 25ish years, these don't look all that much higher.

Robbie said:
That is one sweet looking piece of kit. (hope to get on train the trainer this month in Pet)I have been following the MLVW replacement proj from the beginning and was getting a little worried that nothing was going to come through for us. It's going to be good for training and domestic ops. Like call outs for floods, ices and what ever else is thrown at Canada.

Rob :cdn:

Annual snow fall in Toronto maybe? Oh wait, we got rid of Lastman didn't we? Forgot about that, oops! (Here's some salt for the wound Toronto, lol)

Kat Stevens said:
Wheeled field troops have been hauling heavy crap such as camouflet tubes, points, thumpers, and driving caps out of the back of wheeled SEVs for 25ish years, these don't look all that much higher.

They are significantly higher.  Don't have the specs here, but the jump down is now a definite no-no.

Was talking to one of the design team members and he stated that they wanted to put a "half" box on the SEV (as the section rides up front) but higher ups decided that we needed the full length box..........

Back