• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Improved Clothing and Equipment (NICE) Project

CDN Aviator said:
Dear Lord......... :-X

Could those of us without access to the intranet press you for a slightly more verbose comment on what you've seen there?

The army guys will love this one :

Utility Vest - Members on board ships need to be able to work in austere conditions during emergencies and the actual carrier (warbag) is not ergonomically suitable for all tasks. The new vest will provide comfort and be customizable to each member.

I like the shoes and socks in the 3rd picture, lower right corner...are they issue with the NICE project??   :blotto:

I am home, maybe CDN Aviator will post the pictures of the Hot Weather boots.  As soon as I saw them, this popped into my mind.  I was pretty quick to mention that to the MS that was there with me too.   ;D

Seriously speaking, I was surprised at the...'quality' of the pics.  Maybe they should have kidnapped an Image Tech for that task.  I'd like to try some of their hot weather socks though...something CTS or CEMS missed out on.  (NICE is giving the CSS out as well.)  Might save me from buying my own at MEC.

Whomever picked this stuff must have a real hate on for the Navy. :X

Ex-Dragoon said:
Whomever picked this stuff must have a real hate on for the Navy. :X

Come on now Ex-D....be......errr....NICE !!!

;D

No Tankers---check
No new Destroyers--check
No new MHP---check
No fashion sense clothing--check and double check

my personal favorite was the tan hat with blue trimmings...EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

sledge said:
my personal favorite was the tan hat with blue trimmings...EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Speaking of hats...is there really a requirement for cat eyes on the...blue..ummm....hat in the pictures above ???

That stood right out, didn't it? Perhaps they could embroider the ship's name across the front of it.

The hat reminds me of the new Commissioner hat!  :rofl:

Thinking back to his comments in this thread, I am betting that medicineman will be happy to exchange his tac vest and bush hat for the NICE kit.  ;D

Whoever came up with that name certainly has a sick sense of humour.

At least I can respect that.

Just curious as to what the purpose of a tac-vest for the Navy would be?  If it's for boarding parties, they're far better off with an integrated armour ensemble with MOLLE on it (i.e. Maritime CIRAS) that is cable releaseable in case of emergency, i.e. falling overboard, or getting snagged/held up in a hazardous situation.  As for the boonie hat, I'd have thought that for hot weather ops, something a lighter colour would be a wiser choice, i.e. tan or khaki (i.e. Tilley hat which is currently used).  Is this boonie hat meant to replace the ballcap which seems to be the standard working headware aboard ship?

The tac-vest looks will replace the war bags that Navy folks wear during work ups and other dangerous/high tempo ops.  IMHO the vest looks like it would be a heck of a lot easier to wear than the war bags belt.

Here I was thinking the rank placement on the new flight suits was weak, but that blue hat...  It takes the cake! 

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Here I was thinking the rank placement on the new flight suits was weak,

When the new flightsuit goes to general issue, the rank will not be located there.

Back