• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

National Defense Act - Info

XHighlander

Inactive
Reaction score
i am looking for some one who might know a little about the national defense act pertaining to section 118 in 1954

XHighlander said:
i am looking for some one who might know a little about the national defense act pertaining to section 118 in 1954

1954? You would need to check archival material because the NDA has been changed considerably since then, as have the Queen's Regulations and Orders (in 1954 called the "King's Regulations and Orders"). Do not assume that what you see there today, 51 years later, is what it said back then.

Cheers.

Wouldn't they have been the QR&O's in 1954? As far as I remember, she was crowned in 1952. No?

George VI died February 6th 1952
The coronation took place June 2nd 1953

When they finally got around to re-issuing the KR&O's as the QR&O's I don't know off hand. Safe to guess there was a delay however.

thank you for the information;

i just received my grandfather's service records from the archives and he was fined twice under this section in 1953 & 1954 when he was with the strathcona's

bob the piper said:
Wouldn't they have been the QR&O's in 1954? As far as I remember, she was crowned in 1952. No?

Doh! Right you are. I stand corrected! But, the part aboutr content stands.

Cheers

Can't say to 1954, but I can attest that in '68, a section 118, was "conduct predjudice...... ;)

recceguy said:
Can't say to 1954, but I can attest that in '68, a section 118, was "conduct predjudice...... ;)

On a similiar note, I can attest that in 2004/5, a section 129 is "conduct/negligience prejudice..." ;D

I remember 119 as being the ole "Catch All" and then ten years ago it got a promotion to 129.

GW

Back