• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mystery Cap Badge

Transmundane

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay, I bought a cap badge from a coin/militaria shop today, and I have no idea what regiment it is. I've never seen this cap badge before in my life.

Could someone help me figure out what regiment this cap badge is from? A picture's attached, and yes, that wheel on the badge spins.

Isn't that the cap badge of The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen?

Sorry couldn't resist, Hope there is a Ren and Stimpy fan or 2 around that might get that. ;D

I have seen it on those big CF posters before, its a 'Corps' badge not an individual regiment.

Cheers,

Wes

I did a good search on:
http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-badges/canada.htm

I didn't see it.  I'm curious now.  Are you sure it is Canadian? 

nor do I see it:
http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/cap_badges-metal_e.htm

It looks like the basic CF "Cornflake" cap badge that has been modified.  Perhaps by a movie studio or for a TV show ?  Looks like no CF cap badge I have ever seen.

DND Motor Transport if I remember correctly. Used up to the early 80's again if I remember correctly. These were the guys who worked out of CFSD who delivered stores to units when they were ordered. They wore a brown uniform. Hey Recceguy, is this response appropriate enough for you?

DND Motor Transport, eh? Sounds reasonable. Although the dental transport corps idea also occured to me... But thanks for clueing me in on this. It had been driving me nuts since I bought it!

Heh... yeah, remember the days when the Civy DND drivers would wear that brown uniform.  The capbadge looked like that... but - we're talking like 25 some year ago

Army Outfitters said:
Driving you nuts??? No pun intended right?

Ugh, I just noticed that now... horrible pun, totally unintended. But now at least I know what to label it as. (BTW, I collect cap badges, and I'm putting the ones I've got into a display case when I can get one.

Back