• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My unit and transferring out of it. *updated*

F

future_soldier

Here is a little summary of my dilemma:

I completed my CAP(R) this recent summer and could not go on to my Infantry trade course, so I voluntarily withdrew from that right after CAP(R) was finished. (I was supposed to do them both in one summer). Then on top of this I realzied that I would not be returning to the city in which I joined my regiment. So when I got back from course I informed my unit that I would not be doing the Infantry course, and that I could not return to the unit and I needed to transfer (This was july).

I received no correspondance from my unit until the end of august, when the clerk informed me that I was going to have to get a admin review board with the CO and then they could process the transfer.

I call my unit every few weeks with either no response on the other end or no information could be given to me about the status of this. All my local regiments said that they cannot do anything until my unit prepares me for transfer, which they have not done yet.

It is November 1st now and I get a letter from my unit saying I will have a administrative review board within 45 days and I am N.E.S becasue I did not report in for parades or whatever (they knew I was moving away). So I send back the ED&T form stating that I cannot participate in drill and training until my review board is complete and I transfer out (my armouries are now 350+km away).

I never received any confirmation about the ED&T request and now it has now been more than 45 days since their letter; I have not heard anything from the regiment. It is extremely difficult to get ahold of anyone there on the phone as it is a very small unit with only 1 or 2 clerks.

Since I have first told them about my situation and apparant "simple" transfer to another unit in the same province, it has been 6 months. Is there any way in which I can send them a letter or email or something, officially and formally requesting the status of the situation? Becasue the clerks are simple not doing their job, or they dont know what to do with me. Can anyone suggest anything else that I can do? other than wait? because I tried just waiting but its getting ridiculous now.

Have you submitted a memo requesting transfer to another unit?  Did you talk to your chain of command, or did you merely phone the BOR clerk?  You need to submit a memo through your chain of command.  Simply ignoring your NES letter (whether you feel you are NES or not) is only going to get you released under an unfavorable item.

First off, I would suggest that you create a file and keep all the particulars and correspondence that you have about this matter in it.  Document everything that you do. 

I would truly advise you to make a trip back to your previous unit and personally take care of the matter.  Talk to your superiors and inform them face to face of your situation.  Correspondence is slow and has a tendency to get lost, either in the mail or in an 'IN basket'.

If you don't take some of the advice given to you by Beach Bum in this thread and the other that you posted in, you will have great difficulty in getting into another unit without glowing recommendations from solid References.

GW

Wow.   Believe it not, your case needs to be reviewed at a high level.  "The clerks are simply not doing their jobs" is probably not an accurate claim.   They work for the Commanding Officer, who reports to the Bde Comd.  Most likely 'paperwork' is under review.   Your career review needs to go to Brigade, for one thing.   Then perhaps Area approval.  Be aware that you are taking up a limited position, and since you are untrained your very continuance in the CF is under review.

Consider:  You have been declared NES.  You have an ED&T request underway.   And on top of that you have piled on an inter unit transfer.

As has been previously stated, keep a file of all paperwork.  Draft a letter with all facts and send it registered to the CO.

Good luck.

Back