• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My story

kincanucks said:
I doubt my fiancee's family will be examined under a microscope, her immediate family has never been in any trouble of any sort.

I don't think you have to include your fiance's information but it has been a while since I have seen the form.

No, you're right, I didn't have to put any of her information on the forms. I was just saying that there's no skeletons in this closet or anyone close to me, so the check should go through without issues.

rustysoap said:
I was just saying that there's no skeletons in this closet or anyone close to me,

That you know of. Thats why they are called " skelletons in the closet". If you knew about them.......they wouldnt be in the closet.

so the check should go through without issues.

If something can go rong, it will. Brace yourself.

I've been reading up on the medical the past few hours, and I came across the threads about visual acuity. Unfortunately, I do need corrective lenses, I wear contacts but have no eyeglasses. Now, I haven't been to an optometrist since 2003, when my prescription was -3.25 in my right and -3.75 in my left eye. In 2006 I was looking into getting laser correction done, and they had told me that I had 20/200 vision. After reading some of the threads and searching on Google, I've noticed that my prescription would potentially disqualify me from infantry, but the 20/200 (2006 being the latest reading I got on this) would be enough to squeak me through a V3 rating. I've had my contacts off for about 3 weeks now, and can see alright in the day, no real strains or anything, night, a little different story, but not too bad. Seeing as how I had called to get my medical booked on Friday, I wasn't able to book an appointment to see an optometrist. I took a break at work and visited a few optometrists in the area asking to see if I could book an appointment with them for that day after 4, but all of them were either booked, or the Dr. wouldn't be there after 4. I worked on the weekend, so I couldn't do it then, I even tried switching some shifts with others to be able to go, but nothing happened. HOPEFULLY, I can see an optometrist tomorrow, the day before my medical, so I can get an updated prescription, since the CFRC/D asked me to bring a prescription in on that date.

Question: If I'm unable to bring in a prescription, would I have to re-schedule my appointment or can they work around it (ie. I send it to them later?) I'd ask the CFRC/D, but they're closed right now. I plan on contacting them tomorrow, but your constructive thoughts and opinions on the matter would be appreciated.

Bringing in your prescription simply simplifies and hastens the completion of your Medical File.  If you don't have it, and it must be in your file, then you have put a delay on the process.  Your file will be incomplete and thus become more open for errors further down the road; ie. missing documents, misfiled documents, etc.  If at all possible, ensure that you have all of your documents with you to complete your Files when the times require them, not only for your Medical, but for all other portions of your Enrolment Processing.

George Wallace said:
Bringing in your prescription simply simplifies and hastens the completion of your Medical File.  If you don't have it, and it must be in your file, then you have put a delay on the process.  Your file will be incomplete and thus become more open for errors further down the road; ie. missing documents, misfiled documents, etc.  If at all possible, ensure that you have all of your documents with you to complete your Files when the times require them, not only for your Medical, but for all other portions of your Enrolment Processing.

Thanks for that, I've got tomorrow off, so I'm gonna be going from optometrist to optometrist to see if someone is able to see me before the medical.

I had my medical done today. Have you ever noticed that when it comes time to pee in a cup, you somehow manage to get JUST THE RIGHT amount for the sample, even if you didn't feel you had to go pee? It always seems to happen that way for me. Anyways, I was told that, as i expected from reading some posts here, my vision disqualifies me for infantry, armoured and engineers, which were my 3 choices. He did give me a form to take to my ophthalmologist  or optometrist so they can get an accurate reading of my vision. Also, he did three blood pressure readings, the first two were 152/87 and the last was 148/80, so he gave me a form to take to my family doctor, asking them for their evaluation and opinion. He said that it shouldn't be a concern, he doesn't think it's anything to worry about, but given my family history it's better safe than sorry. His exact words: "If it weren't for that, you'd be good to go. We'll see what happens when you send those in to me"

rustysoap said:
Have you ever noticed that when it comes time to pee in a cup, you somehow manage to get JUST THE RIGHT amount for the sample...

That is because there is an internal mechanism that says, "If I overflow this cup, I will get pee all over my fingers."

So, I went to go see the Optometrist today and had him fill out the form I was given by the WO who did my medical. On the form he put I had 20/100 in one eye and 20/200 in the other eye. Looking on Wikipedia, 20/100 translates to 6/30 and 20/200 translates to 6/60. Looking at previous posts (by using the search function  8)), I found that for V3, a minimum of 6/60 is required. Seeing as how I have 6/30 in the better eye and 6/60 in the OTHER eye, I would assume that means I meet the V3 minimum for combat arms. Can anyone correct me on this? "Call the CFRC/D and ask them" Yes, I know I should call and ask, however it is 7:11pm on a Friday, the CFRC/D is looooong closed and won't re-open until Monday, so hopefully someone here could help me out and fill me in. Here's what the doc wrote.

Sphere    Cylinder    Axis
OD-3.00    -0.75        176
OS -3.50  -0.75        151

"Use search function, this has been answered many times before" I know, but I'm still confused because the other posts say that -3.00 and "less" would classify me as a V4, but, 6/30 and 6/60 would put me in the V3 category...suggestions/help?

I've got my interview coming up this Thursday. Really psyched about it. I've got the Interview Preparation form printed out, started filling out some of it here and there. Now, I never received an interview package from the CFRC/D directly, is there anything else I should have that would need to be filled out, besides the prep form? I'm really looking forward to getting this interview done and starting the "waiting game."

Last year Recruiting revised the required paperwork to be submitted, and provided for a more standardized approach across the country.  Then the website was modified to support the new standardization, and to reflect the increased capability of the chat room.  While some CFRCs/Dets may still use the interview prep form, it is not current, and may not be available in the future.

It is a good guide, and helps prepare you for your interview.  You should know about your occupation choices, not only for the interview, but so that when you attend occupation training, you are not dismayed at finding out (too late) the details of the occupation.

Talk to the staff at the CFRC/Det to see if they have any specific items / preparation that they specifically require.

Interview tomorrow, excited but not nervous. Hopefully it all goes well. It's at 1pm. I'll let you guys know how it went when I get it done.

Had my interview today, went pretty smooth. I was surprised to find out that they had already done the background check on me, I thought that was done AFTER the interview. Anyways, he had asked about my credit as it is pretty poor, but I explained that I had made arrangements to consolidate them and pay them off. He continued with the interview, took a break once it as done, had me read the drug and harassment policies, called me back in, and proceeds to tell me that I am "eligible and competitive" but that they'd be putting a condition based on my credit. They want to see 3 payments done to show that I am making an effort to settle my debts an that I have it under control. He said that it doesn't have to be 3 months, that it could be 1 payment a week an that was good enough to satisfy them. The 2nd payment comes out tomorrow, an the third will be the week after, so once I get those done I'll give them the proof and hopefully take it from there. Excited to get past this. Now hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Back