• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My story

kwarin

Inactive
Reaction score
Since there doesn't seem to be a dedicated introduction forum this seems the best place for my first post.

Joining the forces had been in the back of my mind for quite a few years now but I had some reservations. My Grandfather served in the navy during WW2 and I had an uncle in the army reserves. My mind was working overtime building up scenarios and how hard the process would be. I knew that I did not want to serve in a combat trade.

Flashing forward to this year, I was watching the Canada day celebrations and got emotional, this was the day I decided that I would take joining the forces more seriously. The big thing that I had to deal with personally was if I would be able to take a life. With the way I was raised that was a big moral issue I had to overcome.

After a few months of personal reflection I have come to the conclusion that I would be able to defend myself and those around me if the need arrises.

The next step was going to the recruiting centre in Winnipeg and I spoke a few times with one of the recruiters there. He was very friendly and was able to answer all of my questions that I could not find information about on the forces website. He was able to tell me that when he was in Afghanistan he did not fire his weapon in anger and he was in a support trade.

I have since applied and have my CFAT scheduled for the new year. Hopefully all goes well. Up till now I feel as if I have had no meaning in my life.

I have to say this forum has been a wealth of information, any follow up questions that may have been lingering have for the most part been answered.

Back