• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Own Story! =P

Saorse

Inactive
Reaction score
Everyone else seems to have nice stories that I enjoy reading, so I thought I'd throw my own on up here! :p

I had my ROTP interview today! It went fantastically well; I don't think I could have wished for anything more. My three chosen occupations are Military Police, Intelligence, and Logistics. MP is impossible because the conference for next year's group was held this year, yet that's okay. :) I was told Intelligence is a real competitive field, yet he did say I would be competitive for it, which is awesome. The interviewer said if I didn't get offered at least a position in Logistics, he would be surprised, which made me light up! He did say he's seen a very qualified individual not get a job offer before because of no vacancies, so I'm by no means in: I did all I could on my part though! :)

Here's to hearing back in March, yay or nay!  :army:

Best wishes to you Saorse. Please let us know how it worked out.

Well! I found out today. I received an offer to join the ROTP as an Intelligence Officer in the Air Force. *breathes* :) I'll know more on Monday about what's expected of me, what I can expect, and then I'll have to make a final decision... yet this is big! By far the biggest decision of my life. Feels great to have gotten the offer! Monday shall be Decision Day.  :army:

Congrats Soarse.  I do have a question however.  You stated you applied for the ROTP program.  I take it from that, that you have no previous military experience or released prior to your application.  If so, what level of education have you completed?  The reason I ask is that a friend of mine applied last spring for Int O and was told he would have to get a Masters Degree.  Thanks.

Wait, scratch that...I just looked at you profile and answered my question (if your age is accurate that is).  I will likely run into you this fall in Kingston.

PS - It's a good trade, lots of travel if you want it; lot's of doughnuts if you don't.

Thank you! To answer the question, I have no previous military experience! Right now, I'm in my first year at St. FX, working towards an Honours degree in Political Science. Now, I was told, too, that a Masters is expected. My contract offer is for 12 years, school included: maybe that includes a Masters degree? To be honest, I'm still not sure on all the details; someone from the Recruiting Centre is getting in touch with me on Monday. I would gladly post more on Monday, as I find out more! I'm still trying to hang on for the ride myself, and see what's up.

Saorse said:
Thank you! To answer the question, I have no previous military experience! Right now, I'm in my first year at St. FX, working towards an Honours degree in Political Science. Now, I was told, too, that a Masters is expected. My contract offer is for 12 years, school included: maybe that includes a Masters degree? To be honest, I'm still not sure on all the details; someone from the Recruiting Centre is getting in touch with me on Monday. I would gladly post more on Monday, as I find out more! I'm still trying to hang on for the ride myself, and see what's up.

Did it include a Master Degree?

Thank you.

That's exciting, saorse.

;D good luck to you on your career!

Back