• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My long journey.

Cbbmtt said:
The one guy they did call ended up getting a hold of them. None of the other references were called at all.

Tracking.
I'm sorry I am not sure exactly how this new online process worked, I applied back in 2010 before they moved to all online.  just didn't want anything else to happen to delay you any further, so I figured I'd share what I've heard happen.

As Delaney1986 posted above as well, you should be fine.

Also I was unaware that only 1 of your references was called, I thought more than one was called.

Edit: I completely missed  Your « Reply #14 on: Today at 11:37:33 »

Best of luck again,

Eric

I got called yesterday for the interview for October 21st. 4 weeks ago at softball I slightly injured my knee so I haven't been running very much, however started to hit the pool.

My question is this, do I say in the interview my knee has been sore and that I would like to hold off the process until it's better or do I say that should I get an offer before it's totally healed?. I'm almost running without any annoyance now, just a bit stiff.

Aesop is closed still as far as I know and so I'm hoping for ACOP.

Got the call on Friday the 6th and I gotta say that it was a surprise. I was told in my interview that without any experience that the 1 or 2 spots still open would probably get filled before me. I was expecting maybe a call in April, however it came early. Nice Christmas present.

Thank you to all of you for the sound advice and good wishes. Cheers!

Accepted!! :) Leaving on the 25th. Swearing in on the 15th.

congrats!

Training (AC Op) still in Cornwall?  If so...its quite a facility I've heard.  Sure beats Borden or somewhere like that.

Wow, quite the story. And to think I was discouraged when I initially failed my hearing test in Nov (Swore in earlier this month!  ;D) Best of luck to you on your journey, as the old saying goes; good things come to those who wait.

Well, long time no post.

I finished in Cornwall and I was posted to Moose Jaw!

I look forward to it, but I've heard it's hella cold but the unit is one of the best in Canada and that they have a good group of people.

Cornwall Was fun, challenging sometimes but as long as you work as a team you shouldn't have any problems.

Man, you don't have any luck whatsoever. May I suggest obtaining a rabbits foot and keeping it in your pocket throughout your military training. :)

I showed my friend your story and he said all the injuries you've gone through so far, are basically the same one's you could encounter in the Infantry (he's in the Armoured).

I take it by your post you are probably late 20's or early 30's, so I hope you can get in before it's too late and those injuries start to catch up on you. I think you have a lot of heart to keep going and making sure you see this through. I'm sure there have been people who have read this thread and have been inspired by you and what you've done so far. I believe this will motivate them to overcome their own obstacles.

Thanks,
jaysfan17

Back