• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My application doesn't exist.

Sharp

Inactive
Reaction score
A while back I applied online (you can probably find the thread in my previous threads/posts list on my profile, showing my experience applying). I called my local CFRC (Toronto) in the hopes of getting some information about my application. The friendly corporal had informed me that my application doesn't exist.

I had explained that I had applied online (as is the only way to do so). He had told me that I should re-apply. Obviously this is not possible because I had already created a GC KEY and applied.

Is my applications lack of existence a byproduct of its nature? Meaning it'll "exist" when time passes?

It's been more than 3 months and I'm told that it "doesn't exist". I understand, fully, that it may take a very long time to get a call back, but I want to know if this may be a hiccup in the system or if it's supposed to happen.

If they say it doesn't exist I would create a new GCKey and reapply.

(You can revoke your previous key so as to only have one active one)

Edit to add: It should only take 48-72 hours to get a second email directing you to contact your CFRC if you are applying to Reg Force.

Regarding the email; I remember when applying I didn't get an email and I had gone through my entire email account looking for it, and it doesn't exist. I keep all emails, even the spam.

That might have been the issue. I guess it was a hiccup on their end.

Sharp said:
Regarding the email; I remember when applying I didn't get an email and I had gone through my entire email account looking for it, and it doesn't exist. I keep all emails, even the spam.

That might have been the issue. I guess it was a hiccup on their end.

Likely was. That's why you should  look into it if you don't hear in those 48-72 hours.

In the end as I said I would submit a new application if yours doesn't exist. And if you don't hear back in 48-72 hours call the CFVRC.

Here's the confirmation of information (receipt) email. I assume this is the first part.
So I should wait a few days to see what will happen?

xye6Bf6.png

Thanks for the help.  :)

Yes that's the initial email. Since it's Wednesday I would say call for sure if you haven't received a second email by Monday.

My pleasure, good luck! :)

It's Tuesday, so would you say I'd get it by Friday? Or still wait till Monday (or later)?

Sharp said:
It's Tuesday, so would you say I'd get it by Friday? Or still wait till Monday (or later)?

:facepalm: ...wow... Yes, Friday lol...

I feel like a little school girl being asked to prom. omgomgomgomgomgomg

2 days after applying :)

cUHXDRC.png

Haha glad to see it went through, congrats and good luck :)

Goose15 said:
Haha glad to see it went through, congrats and good luck :)

Haven't called them yet. This email woke me up about half an hour ago. I have to rustle up the papers first, then I'll give them a call.

Sharp said:
Haven't called them yet. This email woke me up about half an hour ago. I have to rustle up the papers first, then I'll give them a call.
For sure for sure. Keep us updated :)

I went to the CFRC, gave my information as such. Unfortunately I didn't have my transcript because York Region doesn't know I exist and have to pay $30 to make my self "exist" via transcript.

And so I got some forms for security clearance and other governmental mumbo jumbo. See image below.

Friendly army guy had informed me to bring in forms and transcript and we can come up with a date for examinations and such.

Almost there, gents. Almost there.

Back