• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My ankle brace won't fit into my boot!

jmelai

Inactive
Reaction score
My physiotherapist recommends that I wear an ankle brace whenever I'm doing any tedious activities, especially activities that has to do with the army.
But my ankle brace doesn't fit into my boot! I have a weak ankle and I need to wear this brace to prevent any further sprains. What can I do now? I know people who wear a different kind of boots because they have knee problems. Any solutions/suggestions?  ???

It's a big pain in the bum, but if you go to the MIR and see a physiotherapist they can show you how to tape your ankle and foot so it provides the same support as the brace.  I don't know about special boots, it might be possible. 

I don't know what kind of brace you're using, but I've used both the soft tensor variety, and the hard plastic lace-up variety and they will both fit inside a combat boot. You may need to loosen off the laces quite a bit, and jimmy your foot in, but it will definitely fit - I've been wearing them for years.

Worst case scenario, go to your QM and ask for a half-size larger boot.

If they gave you the type of brace that laces up, no wonder it doesnt fit, I had the same problem once.  See the MIR about getting a sport version.

Back