• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Musical Lifestyle

Belligerent Soldier

Inactive
Reaction score
Does the military support a musical lifestyle, and what I mean by that is that I'm not interested in joining as a musician or anything, but that I play guitar and I'm wondering if there's any time I'll get to play it if I'm in the combat arms. I realize while overseas the outlook is not so good, but I put a lot of effort (and money-guitars aren't cheap)  into my music and it'd be a shame if I'd have to lose it.

P.S. I did search for this but to no avail.

During training, not so much...  Once you are posted to a unit, than yea, you can play guitar anytime you want after work.  Theres a guy in my shacks who has a whole drum kit in his room.

Where's RHFC_Piper? He'd play his pipes on EX, overseas, ect. The guys loved it!

You'll find time, and if your good the guys really will appreciate it.

If I recall correctly, St. Jean has a guitar troops can sign out from the green desk.

Also - not much call for guitar, but if you play a band instrument, lots of bases have a volunteer band, and many reserve bands will take RegF members on a volunteer basis.

Here's a link:  http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/music/engraph/directory_e.asp?cat=5

Back