• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MPRR Update

SupersonicMax

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
I am curious, when you complete a course, who is responsible to update your personal file with the completion of the course? 

According to my MPRR, I haven't completed BOTC, Phase III, and Phase IV, but I have completed everything in between. 

I remember, at least once, pointing out to an OR clerk, with the proof of completion, that my BOTC wasn't on my MPRR, but I guess it haven't been rectified, even after that.

Thanks,

Max

Max:

I am out of date (by about five years) - so some of what I say may have been superseded by more current regulations/orders.  So take this as a starting point in your inquiries, not the gospel.

The training unit is usually responsible for inputting qualifications into PeopleSoft, upon graduation.  (PeopleSoft is the HR system/abortion that was foisted upon us in the late '90s/early 00's - your MPRR is an extract of the information contained in this national level database.)  This should be done using the Course Report as the authority, prior to despatching the report to the members unit.  In SOME instances that I recall, this was not always the case - the exceptions had to do with staffing levels at various schools, and in those cases the home unit became responsible for inputting the qualifications.

In the case of missing qualifications, your home unit SHOULD be able to input them into PeopleSoft - given that the authorizing documents (course reports) are present in your Pers File.  Some qualifications cannot be entered without "special", or more properly, "specific" log-in authority in PeopleSoft.  USUALLY, a Unit Chief Clerk would have this authority, but not necessarily his subordinates in the unit.  In some cases, the Unit Chief Clerk will not have the requisite authority - but will know to whom the issue needs to be addressed.

All that said - see your Chief Clerk.  It is possible that the OR Clk you spoke to simply did not know what to do.

Roy you are correct.

BTW Max it can take awhile for quals to appear on MPRR after you inform the OR about it. It took almost a year to get my PLQ MOD 1 entered.

NFLD Sapper said:
Roy you are correct.

BTW Max it can take awhile for quals to appear on MPRR after you inform the OR about it. It took almost a year to get my PLQ MOD 1 entered.

The first time I remember telling the clerk is 4 years ago.  Phase III Course Report was signed more than a year ago!  Me think it was forgotten :)

Courses are not actioned and inserted by the Orderly Room.  It is done IAW the direction of the CF Individual Training and Education System (CFITES) and by the training agency through the Military Individual Training and Education (MITE) module of HRMS.  If after a suitable time for normal admin to be actioned, a course is still missing, the procedure is to prepare a memo stating the problem and attach a copy of the course report along with any other amplifying information to your admin staff requesting that it be sent to the approving authority through the C of C.  The information will be evaluated by the appropriate training agency and the granting of the qualification is either approved, partially approved or denied and dependant on the research, appropriate action would normally be undertaken to put the qualification in your MPRR.

I spent quite a while chasing the OR trying to fix missing quals on the MPRR.  Later learned that you need to get that done through the Ops/Trg office.  The unit MITIE Clerk should be able to do it.

Back