• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MPAC Selection + File Closed

Chrispi

Inactive
Reaction score
My apologies for the question, I’m sure it’s been asked before, but rest assured I did use the search function “MAP + file closed” did not produce any results.  The many results from “file closed”, did not produce the results I was hoping for… 

I received a call from the CRFC on Friday informing me that my file would be closed… 
I wrote my CFAT and had my interview last June/July (2010) and was subsequently merit listed.  Since then, I’ve been waiting for my invite to MPAC, and regularly contacting my CFRC to get updates.  Typically, the update is the same, noting that I’m on the list, and they’re just waiting to hear back for the list of invitees for the next MPAC.  -  Everything seems normal, and patience is a virtue.

My question is in regards to the MPAC and closed files.  I mentioned to the person who called; that last time I’d called the CFRC, it was suggested that the next MPAC would be in October.  Although, he’d not heard the same news, he agreed to leave my file open until October, then it would be closed.
With that in mind, after a file is closed, am I still eligible for MPAC selection?  It was also noted, that my interview and physical were now expired (over 1 year old) and I would need to update them if I got selected, but that would be easy to do.  Additionally, if I’m merit listed but yet to be selected for MPAC, and my file is closed, do I keep my place on the merit list?  Assuming (yikes, I know) that my file gets closed prior to a MPAC selection, will I just be restarting the process again in the new year (April 2012) and be re-merit listed after updating my interview and physical?  Or do I keep my merit list position, with my updated info?

I was quite shocked to hear that my file was being closed (I shouldn't have been, I knew it was over a year), and should have asked better questions on Friday.  However, before I call the CFRC back, and ask “What happens next?”  I figured I’d come here first.  Again, my apologies for the question that's probably been asked before, but with the MPAC selection issue, I’m confused (it doesn't take much).  If my file is closed, will I be ineligible for MPAC selection prior to it being re-opened? (IE-the rest of this year).  If so, assuming the position is in-demand, does it then re-open in April 2012?

Regards,
Chrispi

If your file is closed you're no longer on the merit list and won't be considered for the next MPAC.  You should call the MCC who did your interview or talk to your file manager at the recruiting centre to find out your options.  Your file will not be automatically re-opened if the trade opens next fiscal year.  You'd have to go in and re-open it yourself (update all of your paperwork).

Thanks for the reply Tree, you confirmed what I suspected.

Outside of not having to re-doing the CFAT, "file closed" is liken to taking two steps backwards...

Ah well... "Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other" - Walter Elliot. 

I will be contacting the CFRC in the coming weeks to review any/all options.  Perhaps a change in trade for next year will be in order.  Thanks again.

Cheers,
Chrispi

Back