• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

dammon500 said:
Finally! BII April 21/22!! Anyone else here got the notification?

Just got my flight booking today! I am interviewing on the 22nd  :D

Hello guys, I have a few questions regarding the MP trade, that I am having issues finding the answers too. How does lodging work for MP'S after graduation from Borden? Can you instantly get your own house/apt? How often do you get moved/relocated as an MP?

Hey Garb, any estimation when MPOs should start getting their offers? Either from this year's fiscal year or from previous years' patterns?

Macgruber said:
Hello guys, I have a few questions regarding the MP trade, that I am having issues finding the answers too. How does lodging work for MP'S after graduation from Borden? Can you instantly get your own house/apt? How often do you get moved/relocated as an MP?
Once you graduate from the Academy, it is up to you to figure out your own housing.  Some locations, like Ottawa, no longer have single quarters so you won't have the option of going into shacks.  Some other locations have limited, or restricted, quarters and you may or may not be able to live in.  Other places it's totally up to you if you want to live in or move out.

How often do you get moved?  That's the million dollar question and it depends. I know people who have been moved after less than a year, I know other people who have remained in the same geographic location for almost their entire career.  There is no easy answer for that one.

Sephur said:
Hey Garb, any estimation when MPOs should start getting their offers? Either from this year's fiscal year or from previous years' patterns?
I can't really speak to that.  The numbers selected for Direct Entry are so small I haven't been able to see a definitive pattern from where I've worked.  Having said that, in order to make the next MPOC which starts in Jan, you'd need to be in St Jean by mid-Juneish in order to get through BMOQ and BMOQ-A in time.

garb811 said:
I can't really speak to that.  The numbers selected for Direct Entry are so small I haven't been able to see a definitive pattern from where I've worked.  Having said that, in order to make the next MPOC which starts in Jan, you'd need to be in St Jean by mid-Juneish in order to get through BMOQ and BMOQ-A in time.

Oh you keep reminding me that I eventually will have to do BMQ-L and the mods for PMQ-L.....  BARF

Sephur said:

I got my offer via special commissioning this week if that helps.

armyhopeful1993 said:
I got my offer via special commissioning this week if that helps.

Just getting disheartened seeing every active member on this forum receiving their offers, and I'm the only active civvie hoping to hear back.

But nonetheless, congratulations to everyone :) I'll keep my head up and hope for the best.

Sephur said:
Just getting disheartened seeing every active member on this forum receiving their offers, and I'm the only active civvie hoping to hear back.

But nonetheless, congratulations to everyone :) I'll keep my head up and hope for the best.
Don't get disheartened.  So far, you're the only one posting who appears to be going DEO.  Trying to compare "your" situation to anyone else's isn't the way to go as every file and process is unique.

garb811 said:
Don't get disheartened.  So far, you're the only one posting who appears to be going DEO.  Trying to compare "your" situation to anyone else's isn't the way to go as every file and process is unique.

Exactly! especially comparing to us Occupational Transfer guys/gals.

Hey gang, couldn't get into my old account from way back so here I am as a noob.

Just signed my OT acceptance today, go on BTL 16 Jul so hopefully am on Aug course :)

suprat said:
Hey gang, couldn't get into my old account from way back so here I am as a noob.

Just signed my OT acceptance today, go on BTL 16 Jul so hopefully am on Aug course :)

Congrats!!  Same BTL Date as me.  Hopefully on the August course as well!  I'm sure they've thought out the numbers and wouldn't intake more OTs than they have room for on the August course.... Yeah Yeah, I know... I'm expecting a lot.

Hey I was wondering if MPs are EMR qualified? Or are they just First Aid/AED like everyone else? Just wondering if I should get my EMR renewed before my course.

danteh said:
Hey I was wondering if MPs are EMR qualified? Or are they just First Aid/AED like everyone else? Just wondering if I should get my EMR renewed before my course.

I’ve never heard it as a requirement for the trade, and if it was they would provide it. That said, higher level first aid training is always value added. Do the course if you want to and are interested, because you never can know when you’ll be in a position to use it.

Hello, very excited to report I will be attending the MPSP this weekend in Borden.

My understanding is that I will be administered only the BII portion of the old MPAC.

My email specifically states that the interviews are only a few minutes long, can anyone confirm on the length of the interview?

Good luck to all attending this weekend.

sweep said:
Hello, very excited to report I will be attending the MPSP this weekend in Borden.

My understanding is that I will be administered only the BII portion of the old MPAC.

My email specifically states that the interviews are only a few minutes long, can anyone confirm on the length of the interview?

Good luck to all attending this weekend.

It will definitely be longer than a few minutes,  I will not comment on exactly how long mine was but the email I received said be prepared for a 2-3 hour interview.  I have heard a varying lengths, i guess it will just depend on how much you have in your past to talk about lol.

I figured it must've been a typo. I suppose it will be similar to the RCMP PEP exam.

sweep said:
I figured it must've been a typo. I suppose it will be similar to the RCMP PEP exam.

Once you've reached the end of the interview and there's something your interviewer wants to have clarified/explained further, that's the time they'd do it. So even if you finish early, they'd definitely utilize the time given for the interview.

Just a reminder that every post you read about the BII advises you to do; be yourself.

Hey folks, just a quick question.  Maybe for the folks that have gone the VOT route in the future.  I know a few of us who have received our offers and have accepted them.  Any idea on when we should expect to see course loading messages or even the "instruction package" that was eluded to when the acceptance message was sent off.

Thanks for any input.

Back