• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More recruiting process folley's

medic269

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been going through alot of the recruiting threads and reading some of the stories people have gone through.  I tip my hat to the amount of patience you guys have.  I'm sitting at the end of the road here, I was told I was accepted as a semi skilled Med Tech and I would recieve on offer within a week.  This was 2 weeks ago, so I understand I might be jumping the gun here by getting restless.  A question for the recruiters on here, once it gets to that point, is the control of the individuals file still in the recruiting centre's hands, or are they playing the waiting game just as much as I am?  I guess I'm just wondering whether or not I should continue to call once a week to make sure they're forgetting about me, or whether it's out of their hands and I'll just ebd up being a pest.  Thanks in advance. 

medic269 said:
I've been going through alot of the recruiting threads and reading some of the stories people have gone through.  I tip my hat to the amount of patience you guys have.  I'm sitting at the end of the road here, I was told I was accepted as a semi skilled Med Tech and I would recieve on offer within a week.  This was 2 weeks ago, so I understand I might be jumping the gun here by getting restless.  A question for the recruiters on here, once it gets to that point, is the control of the individuals file still in the recruiting centre's hands, or are they playing the waiting game just as much as I am?  I guess I'm just wondering whether or not I should continue to call once a week to make sure they're forgetting about me, or whether it's out of their hands and I'll just ebd up being a pest.  Thanks in advance. 

The CFRC/D is waiting along with you and when they get the official offer for you then you will be contacted.  It doesn't hurt to call once in a while though just to make sure they know you are still alive.

Once you have completed CFAT(qualified for your choice), interview, med (good to go) and PT test (good to go) ,CRNC (results are back favourable) and there are no other steps (ie aircrew med, pre-security assessment etc)...and you have been merit listed, you will be at the same level as your CFRC/Det. You will both await the word that you have been selected and you will both wait for the offer details. I know it's tough, but it's worthwhile.

I had a similar application (semi skilled) and I was much like you when I was waiting for my call. But the call will come, just bare with it, it'll be all worth the wait.

If you haven't yet, start your fitness training, by the time you get your call and leaving for BMQ, you'd be ready, that should keep your focus off a bit.

I am now sworn-in and going to BMQ in 2 weeks.

Congrats, yeah I've been keeping myself busy, fitness isn't a problem (I work at a gym) and I've been following crossfit for a while now.  I'm going to give them a call today if I don't hear anything, letting them now Im still around.  The LS in charge of my file is on leave for 2 weeks so it might be good to get in contact with the others who are taking over until she gets back.

Back