• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mordor .... found.

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
The Doorway to Hell
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/bizarre/news-entrance-hell-has-been-discovered-0

The_Door_to_Hell_-_Darvaz_10.preview.jpg

Known by many as "The Doorway To Hell", a large crater lies in the middle of nowhere (ok it's in the middle of a village called "Derweze", which is located in Turkmenistan) that's burning, and has been burning for over 35 years.

OK, here's the deal.  We go to the de Beers company and tell them we've identified a way for them to follow their classic "only a diamond ring will do for an engagement" sell-job, which they followed with "three months pay means you love her" line.  Well, here's the next big opportunity for the diamond producers of the world. 

What do you do with that leftover ring from a failed engagement or marriage?  Obviously, since it was the "one ring", it needs to be destroyed in the fires at the center of the earth.  So, we set up a system where men can send the ring to be cast into the "pit of Mordor".  We win by getting paid to do it, de Beers wins because the poor schmuck has to pay for a new ring for the next gal.

Damn, I'm brilliant.  All we need now is a generous venture capitalist.

>:D

I see a CC-177 fully loaded with old wedding rings making a "Humanitarian" drop >:D

Cool picture. I'm too big to be a hobbit. I'm more of a Kingly type.....like that guy on Lord of the Ring.

Mid Aged Silverback said:
Cool picture. I'm too big to be a hobbit. I'm more of a Kingly type.....like that guy on Lord of the Ring.

Aragorn or Boromir?  Either way..... 
7.gif
  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Aragorn or Boromir?  Either way..... 
7.gif
  ;)

Thank you Moe! Aragorn I think would suit quite nicely, don't you think?

I do have my own sword and several knives.

You could be an orc. ;)

Women with pointy ears who can fire a bow and arrow are hot (PC check) highly prized.

Ex-Dragoon said:
You could be an orc. ;)

Isn't that the pug ugly ones that the kids keep killing in that online game?  :)

Petamocto said:
Women with pointy ears who can fire a bow and arrow are hot (PC check) highly prized.

Well, I have been told I look like an elf.  ;)  Never tried the bow though.  Maybe I should.....

Not a chance. I'm far too good looking and too intelligent. Ask Moe. She'll tell ya!!
Yep, I'll back him on that one.  Of course, you could be Gandalf, too.  :nod:

Yes, I have been called Gandalf as well. Unfortunately, I do not possess the spell casting ability that Gandalf does.  :king:

Danjanou said:
Isn't Lottomax upt o $40,000,000.00 this week? I'm in for a twoonie  8)

Is that what it cost for the crackerjack box you got the "diamond" ring in?  ;D

Naah I'm hoping my new email buddy from Nigeria will help me with the $13,000,000.00 I need to get the ring ;D

Hey.....no, it couldn't be.....is it the same guy that offered that exact amount to me.....is he twotiming me?  ::)

ps: a twist tie (or even a carefully, skillfully bent paper clip) will work if you pick the moment and the mood right......, but it only works once for some reason.... ;D

Almost had to use the cigar ring band  from the  Romeo e Julietta Churchill I was smoking just before popping the question. Wasn't quite sure if I'd remembered to put the fracking ring in my pocket before we went out for the romantic dinner. :-[

Back