• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Montreal

K. Ash

Inactive
Reaction score
I know, I know there's been many a people telling us new recruits not to worry about goin 'out' after week four. But guys seriously, you know were gonna. So tell us....what hot spots do you reccomend in Montreal?  There's gotta be a few. Please share.

Oh yea, stories are welcome.    ;D

Montreal is an awesome city! I moved here for the summer to have some fun and meet some people before I get the call to head off to BMQ. There are several streets that I've found in the past month that cannot be missed!

1) St. Laurent - This is one of the oldest areas of Montreal but the night life is great any day of the week! In fact, on the weekends, the streets are a better place than bars for any pickups and that kinda thing :) This is where many of the College/University people hang out and most places along there are priced accordingly.

Here are some of clubs:
- Exit - a bit of a darker crowd and the place is a bit too big for the # of people there. If you're caucasian, you will be the minority. $12 cover on weekends
- Envy - Right next to Exit and kind of the same crowd. Music has more energy and there are more people. $10-12 cover
- Orchid - This is a place I'd recommend. R&B and pop music which brings hordes of ladies and there's room for 500+ people. It's always full and there's a good mix of people. $10 cover
- Silver - Bit of a more posh crowd but they've got some really good dance music. Place to dance not pickup. Dress code is "dress to impress". Cover is $12
- Budabar - VERY strict dress code. It's a cozy place with lots of 9's and 10's :) There's a $10-15 cover and drinks are very expensive too.
- Cafe Campus - never been there but I've heard lots of good things about it on weekends. Better things in the school season :)

There are countless smaller places along the street. In fact, if you're short on money you can just walk up and down the strip and have fun. After everybody has had a few drinks they're far more approchable on the street.

2) St. Catherine & Crescent - This is aimed direcly at tourists.it's right downtown and everything is more chik. If you're looking for full contact strippers, this is the place. Usually runs about $10 a song and competition is huge. If the doorman says you've gotta give him $5 bucks to get in, give him a couple dollars more to get a nice seat :)

Crescent street is right off of St. Cathrine and you can't miss it. Hardrock Cafe and places of the like, line the street up and down. I haven't wandered around too much there because it's definately more expensive than St. Laurent. Most places don't have a cover and have nice patios to sit and have a brew. Then dive inside to jump on the dance floor 'n bust a move! The market for women here is definately a much tougher one but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Hope that helps :)

When I was there for my BMQ, I went to the Super Sexe, which is on St. Catherine's St.  If you want a decent strip club that isn't that all dirty, that is the place to go.  The beer is expensive there though, about $6 a piece.  It costs $5 to get in at the door, and they will also charge you a couple bucks to hold on to/ hang up your jacket for you.
But I can't speak for any other places since that is the only one I went to  ;)

Yea, what is it with strip joints and expensive booze?

The cheapest I ever bought a beer for in a strip club was like for $4.75...I mean wtf? I think the most expensive was around $6.50 or so. Simply rediculous.

Well, you did pay for the beer, though.  So why would they charge less if customers keep on buying?  If I was running a business (ahem!) I would charge as much as I could get away with.

Don't worry lads, you won't be able to miss Super Sexe even if you tried.  Their neon sign belongs in Times Square.

absent_element said:

The cheapest I ever bought a beer for in a strip club was like for $4.75...I mean wtf? I think the most expensive was around $6.50 or so. Simply rediculous.

So would you say your a strip club conosieur  ;)

two strip clubs: Chez paré on St-Laurent street near Ren`é-Lévesque   boul. Or Solid gold, on St-Laureant too but on the north side (just a few minutes from the metropolitain highway.

For the beers, there a lot of place. There is la brasserie du cheval blanc on Ontario and the Sergent Recruteur pub on St-Laurent not far from Laurier.

Usually, english types go on crescent street. There is a lot of pubs there like the Churchill, were you can find alot of Black Watch and CGG peoples. If you want to be submerge by quebec rich and fabulous drinking culture, go to the Les Deux Pierrôts at the old port. music is great, they play both english and french songs.

Ah! By the way, start drinking slowly... Our pubs close at 3 am   ;D Not at 11pm or 1am ???

To drink or not to drink, that is the question   :blotto:

I don't know about elsewhere, but the strip clubs here don't charge a cover, but the deal is you have to always have a drink you're working on.  Or you're out.  So if they jack up the prices, obviously its to their advantage.

I heard it isn't there anymore, but I had good times sucking back 4-litre beers at the Peel Pub.  I'm sure you could get yourself 4-litre beers elsewhere.  After that all peelers look good!

Peel pub....

The beers was so discusting there...

They dilute it with water... That is why its not expensive. And they was many time find guily for insalubrity... :skull:

Ha yes... If you like scotch... there is the Pub de L'ÃŽle noir on Ontario Street...

alexk said:
absent_element said:

So would you say your a strip club conosieur  ;)

Heh...not so much in here in Newfieland....but there was one called the zoo in Alberta I used to frequent.  ;D

quebecrunner my friend, I wouldn't go to a club that was telling people to leave at 1AM.....thats just for seniors and pussies.  >:D

Back