• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mom says daughter should get slain soldier's medal

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Maybe it should go back to the way it was...the soldier's mom only. Then there is no way for anyone to complain that they were left out.

The Cross was awarded to both the mothers (if alive) AND the wives (if married & alive) the old way.

Then, we experienced the loss of Nichola Goddard who was married, but whose husband did not qualify while male soldiers spouses did qualify.  Perhaps we should have stuck to the old way, but only changed second possible Cross recipient from the "wife (if married & alive)" to read "Spouse (if married & alive)".

The unnecessary slagging on this thread has been split off to here: http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/88630.0.html

Keep this thread ON TOPIC, without hurling insults at each other.

Roy Harding
Milnet.ca Staff

Thank you Roy!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how disappointing to read such disrespect of a soldier who gave his life. I must be naive, but always thought right, wrong or indifferent you respect your brother/ sister's wishes and always have their back. Hell I respect this soldiers wishes!... I may not agree with them... but they were his wishes. I am also very surprised at the many comments suggesting it's just a medal, just give his daughter one etc! I'm not a part of the CF and this may be the case.
... but I'm thinking not! Just my  :2c:
BRAVO to those of you who have respected your fallen brother's wishes regardless of your own! :yellow:

gunshy said:
Thank you Roy!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how disappointing to read such disrespect of a soldier who gave his life. (ruckmarch) I must be naive, but always thought right, wrong or indifferent you respect your brother/ sister's wishes and always have their back. Hell I respect this soldiers wishes!... I may not agree with them... but they were his wishes. I am also very surprised at the many comments suggesting it's just a medal, just give his daughter one etc! I'm not a part of the CF and this may be the case.
... but I'm thinking not! Just my  :2c:
BRAVO to those of you who have respected your fallen brother's wishes regardless of your own! :yellow:

You do know, that this is a site made of soldiers, where we have laid our lives on the line as well.

Does our opinion not count, considering your praise for us??

Some of the people here, myself included, have been pried from the grasp of the Grim Reapper, and are able to talk about how we feel.

Maybe you should think about that, before casting us down, as that is an insult to all of us, the fallen included.

A wee little food for thought.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
You do know, that this is a site made of soldiers, where we have laid our lives on the line as well.

Does our opinion not count, considering your praise for us??

Some of the people here, myself included, have been pried from the grasp of the Grim Reapper, and are able to talk about how we feel.

Maybe you should think about that, before casting us down, as that is an insult to all of us, the fallen included.

A wee little food for thought.

dileas

tess

Uhmmm Tess,

Gunshy wasn't calling it "just another medal" --- that was a reference that came from an earlier post ... since moved to chatter.

Just an observation.

Vern

Ouch,  :-X

I completely missed your Highlights, Gunshy.

Vern, thanks for that one babe.

Oi, Gunshy, saddle up here beside me, and we can talk, I will sweet talk you and apologize as well....

(Psst, thanks Vern, I owe you one, and will make it up when I come up to Borden next time  :-*)

dileas

tess

Thanks Vern, you are absolutely correct  :nod: cheers!

AND thanks 48th Regulator I'm flattered but my name is that for a reason  ;)

as for the statement of opinions, it is what it is... but that's all it is and it will not change this fallen soldiers wishes, the same as if those wishes had of been yours... with all due respect.  :cdn:

Gunshy

Back