• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MND Peter MacKay launches the returned 1st Canadian Division

MCG said:
http://www.thewhig.com/2012/09/10/ready-to-play-a-major-role-in-exercise

.....including the army's Maple Resolve exercise, the Royal Canadian Navy's Trident Fury exercise off the west coast of Canada and the Royal Canadian Air Force's Maple Flag exercise at CFB Cold Lake.
"...which is to say, each service currently has a planned and organized exercise already in the works. We are going to impose a nugatory HQ organization over top of these in order to increase the reports, returns, and visits, with an intent to increase 1 Div's bureaucratic micromanagement skill sets, with absolutely no appreciable gain for the units already being exercised."

[I picked a bad day to stop being cynical  :not-again:  ]

And the wheel of change continues to turn, with the past always returning in some variation to be the present.

LFC's 1 Cdn Div HQ disapeared for the creation the CFJHQ, first under the DCDS then the .COMs.  CFJHQ then transformed to become 1 Cdn Div HQ back under the Army (this time bigger and branded as "Joint").  As of this month, 1 Cdn Div has again transfered under the .COM umbrella as a subordinate formation of CJOC.

CANFORGEN 076/15 CJOC HQ 077 201511Z APR 15
TRANSFER OF COMMAND - 1ST CANADIAN DIVISION HEADQUARTERS
UNCLASSIFIED

1.  ON THE 2ND OF APRIL 2015 AT KINGSTON, ONTARIO, THE VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE STAFF PRESIDED OVER THE TRANSFER OF 1ST CANADIAN DIVISION HEADQUARTERS FROM THE CANADIAN ARMY TO CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND. A CENTURY AFTER 1ST CANADIAN DIVISION WAS FIRST STOOD UP, THIS SIGNIFICANT EVENT MARKS THE OPENING OF A NEW CHAPTER IN THE DIVISION S HISTORY AND COINCIDES WITH THE CENTENARY OF ITS FIRST COMBAT OPERATION AT THE SECOND BATTLE OF YPRES IN 1915.

2.  AS COMMANDER CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND, I WOULD LIKE TO RECOGNIZE THE EXCELLENT DEPLOYABLE JOINT HEADQUARTERS CAPABILITY COMING FROM THE CANADIAN ARMY TO CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND. THE TRANSFER OF THE 1ST CANADIAN DIVISION HEADQUARTERS FORMALIZES THE FORCE STRUCTURE NEEDED TO RESPOND TO THE DEFENCE AND SECURITY CHALLENGES OF TODAY.

...cue the Harry Chapin music...

"All my life's a circle..."

MCG said:
And the wheel of change continues to turn, with the past always returning in some variation to be the present.

LFC's 1 Cdn Div HQ disapeared for the creation the CFJHQ, first under the DCDS then the .COMs.  CFJHQ then transformed to become 1 Cdn Div HQ back under the Army (this time bigger and branded as "Joint").  As of this month, 1 Cdn Div has again transfered under the .COM umbrella as a subordinate formation of CJOC.

Now CFJSR will support a unit within it's own command.

dapaterson said:
...cue the Harry Chapin music...

"All my life's a circle..."

Or, perhaps more appropriately, Dance Band on the Titanic?  ;D

Dance band on the Titanic
Sing "Nearer, my God, to Thee"
The iceberg's on the starboard bow
Won't you dance with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5le92UmPmU

Back