• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MK III Combat boots sole replacements

korgano

Inactive
Reaction score
hello:

I‘ve seen alot of people with new soles on their MK III combat boots. Is this a new issued boot, or are they modifiying them on their own?

If they are issued, how does one get them? If they are not issued, can they be modified by the owner? Does anyone know the cost, and is it alowed by DND? The last thing I want is to modify my boots and get charged for it.

Thanks for the help.

I modified one set of mine with a Vibrium (sp) sole with added cushion and it makes the world of difference. I took them to a shoe guy at a mall.

Yep, adding a vibram sole to the Mk III will improve your orthopedic health by 1000%.
However, this sort of modification was specifically mentioned in a new CONFORGEN order against unauthorized kit (ie better stuff).

You wouldn‘t happen to have a link to this CONFORGEN order do you. Besides you could always get a chit for them.

Apparently, 31 CBG allows them without a chit -- according to a troopie on my SQ/BIQ course last summer (so, take with a large dose of salt).

But I‘m pretty sure most everywhere else, or at least 32 CBG, you need a chit to get the Vibram soles.

When I was issued my DEU shoes, I noticed they had Vibram soles.

Must be some sort of mean game they‘re playing -- "You can be comfortable for the once in a while you wear your DEUs, but, ha ha! When you‘re working in the field, your feet must always be UN-comfortable!"

I‘ve never been comfortable wearing my DEU shoes...

You need a chit to replace the soles on your boots. Now that is if you do not want to get crapped on by the higher ups. Now I am quite sure there are people out there who do not have a chit but get the sole replaced anyways. Those who do such a thing do so at thier own risk. The alphabet soup of orders is quite clear, you can not alter your issued kit. Add to that you will not be reimbursed for the cost of the sole replacement if you do not have a chit.

Trust me, chit or not, cost reembursment (sp) or not, its totally worth it. The new boots we have, have vibram soles (I think) but are way too hard rubber for cold weather applications and you will slide around like a mo fo on snowy roads. Talk to any foot doctor and show them the black caddies and they will give you one of those smilies with the bulging eyes.

I wasn‘t saying it is not worth it. The MK 3‘s are garbage. I was just pointing out there is a risk involved in doing so with out a chit

i have a pair of vibram sole Mk3‘s, they werent issued to me or anything, i baught the boots from the surplus (brand new boots) and they already had the vibrams on them, would i be able to wear those in the field without neading a chit? i know some people wear the magnum boots in the field, or jungle boots and stuff like that, so would they let me wear my vibrams? i know alot of people in my regiment wear them all the time (ie. training nights), so i dont see the big deal of wearing them on EX‘s

Mr Baker, a chit, as it is being used in this discussion is a medical chit. Basically a waiver from a doctor specifying that you suffering from some condition allowing you special priviledges for as long as your condition lasts.

There are other types of chits as well, red and blue come to mind for when a soldier is on course. Red chits are issued when you fail to pass a lesson or for minor screw ups (first offence only). Blue chits are for when you do something good.

A chit is basically a note from your doctor saying that you can where a boot or sole do too medical reasons.

S_Baker, a "chit" is what we call the slip that the medical staff give us if we are assessed with any medical problems. It decribes all the restrictions involved with the problem, for example: Shaving "chit" (allowed to grow facial hair), sunglasses "chit" (obvious).. etc.. a boot chit would allow you to go and get the necessary modifcations done to your boots, or in my case the permission to go and get the crown to pay for my Matterhorns.

Bzz

A CHIT is getting a paper from a doctor or medic that your are exempt from what ever or you have a injury and are exempt from certain duites. Shaving, special soles on boots, you have a chit for light duties.

Leapord 11, if people in your regiment wear non-issued boots or modified boots in the field and they don‘t get ***t on then go for it. It is the same with my unit, many people wear different foot wear in the field and are permitted to do so (although our RSM takes exception to people wearing desert boots in the field if they were never issued them.) That being said on the parade square would not attempt to be different, also leave them at home when you go on course.

I want to put the sole Off my Ripple Sole Jungle boots on my combats boots, I got extra 2 pairs of Combats boots.

6877a.jpg

over in 4 RCR, when in garrison you can have your combats with vibrams. I‘ve got em, and a couple other guys in my company do as well. out in the field, generally so long as they are black combat boots, they won‘t care. I‘m notorious for running around in the old syle US Marine issued matternhorn boots. best pair of combat boots I‘ve ever bought. they‘re just as effective as the wet weather boots, and twice as light.
Greg

I got summer danner too( good boot, But I perfer my Combats boots in the field), our RSM has a Rule wear any boot aslong as it‘s black, Some even wear jungle boots.

Falcon, that too bad the RSM won‘t allow dessies unless issued.

I‘d really love to wear dessies in the summer, and they would‘ve been handy for Stalwart Guardian last year. Do they even issue them anymore?

Back