• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Missed First Day On the Job with the Reserves

Whit3

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got back from an SQ course and i had made plans to go on a little vacation...i was informed today that i had work at 6pm but i had arrived home at 9pm and didn't find out til 10pm...will i get jacked up for that....what will happen? 

You're Class A..........The idea is that you go when you can go, but you should have informed your chain of command. Probably not such a good idea to miss the first night, where you will likely have conducted all of the paperwork necessary for the years' training (AAG).

Keep you chain of command (direct supervisor) informed of what you are up to, and you should have no dramas. However, keep in mind that you signed on the line, and the military has invested money in you, so you can be part of the unit. Your duty is to train whenever you can.

You probably won't get jacked up for that, maybe a bit of a talking to but nothing serious.  Now if you missed your first day of work with a Reg Force regiment....................  :crybaby:

Did you have orders given to you when you left SQ? When I left Borden I had orders (in writing) when to report to my unit.

No I didn't have orders on paper... i was just told by a clerk that my first day of work was suppose to be thursday...than i asked her if they would notify me and she said don't count on it...also she didn't tell me .. i had to ask .. however things came up and i was expected to arrive back home in time but things came up

Hopefully they'll get over it :D Just make sure you are very reliable in future. I know I have to call down to my unit to let them know when I'm available and then I get calls to come in if they need someone on those days.

Our first intake day is coming up so I guess we'll get more info there. I've got the training schedule but I don't know how many of those days I have to attend yet.

Back