• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Milpoint calculations

Nemecek

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I was just browsing my milpoints and noticed this:

2010-08-11 12:30:03
20 Congratulations! You've been online for 54 Hours!

It's not 12:30 yet it's only 10:30, and this isn't the first time I've noticed it. How does it calculate for time that hasn't happened yet?

Or... do you guys... know my future!?  :eek:

ahah. Just curious, that's all.

dapaterson said:
Different time zone.

I`m getting the same thing as he was.

There`s only one hour difference between me & the server, yet we`re hours off that mark in the milpoints.

I though the same thing, but Nemecek and the server are both in NS.  ;)

ahhh, that makes sense.

Zulu/Greenwich time eh? I love milnet.co.uk!

There are actually several timezones at play:

• The timezone the server is in: Central
  • The timezone the hardware clock is set to: GMT
  • The time offset that each user has set in their profile

Add to that, the fact that some scripts honour the time offset and some don't, and you have some pretty confusing times out there. :)

Right on.

Variety is the spice of life anyway. I couldn't eat just one kind of food for the rest of my life, so why would you pick just one time zone? Thanks for the heads up.

And I'm glad my hypothesis of you knowing my future didn't pan out. Would have brought a whole new dimension to the question of predestination!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Add to that, the fact that some scripts honour the time offset and some don't, and you have some pretty confusing times out there. :)

Sometimes, time is so confused... that it gives me 4 x 20 points for being on line for 324 hours ;)
This is what happened in my millpoints 2 days ago.

Alea

Well that *is* interesting... I'll see if I can figure out what's going on there...

Back