• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military word of the day.

marcks

Inactive
Reaction score
Just like to bring to attention that it is word number 901 of 895...

Military Word Of The Day 
Military Term #901 of 895:

DJAG: Deputy Judge Advocate General

I know this is a bit off topic... but where did you get that display pic marcks?

Don't tell me that's the new Fd Amb for the Fd Ambs?!  :eek:

marcks said:
Just like to bring to attention that it is word number 901 of 895...

There are 902 words, actually, but seven are classified and can't be seen, therefore they don't show up in the count.

MedTech said:
I know this is a bit off topic... but where did you get that display pic marcks?

Those are the F450 Crash Ambs... they had them on base in KAF, and the Reg F are using them now....

something tells me it will be awhile before the Res Fd Ambs see them...

MedTech said:

I'am pretty sure that's a pic from the dnd website. I have search google to find where I got it but I did not found the pic. So it's probably a pic from dnd website or from a paramedic website. I don't know if it's the new fd amb lol but I saw the same model at kandahar airport hospital in a CBC thing about that hospital.

The Base Hospital in Gagetown actual has one of those Ford Ambs.

MedTech said:

And where did you get your pic  :eek:

The base Hospital in Wainright has them as well, although the last time I worked there, Summer/Fall 07, I was told that the medics where not allowed to drive them and that it had to be a civilian driver from Base TPT.  The research branch in Suffield has them too, the base medics borrowed on to come on ex with our Regt in April.

Reg force medics can't drive them?? :eek:

I hope that's not right. I was looking forward to drive these nice ride.

241 said:
The base Hospital in Wainright has them as well, although the last time I worked there, Summer/Fall 07, I was told that the medics where not allowed to drive them and that it had to be a civilian driver from Base TPT.  The research branch in Suffield has them too, the base medics borrowed on to come on ex with our Regt in April.

Right out to lunch.

MedTech said:

Nope that is the ambs that 1 CFH has.
Most of the base have them as the road replacement instead of the LSVW and what ever other truck was being used as an amb.

Tommy said:
Those are the F450 Crash Ambs... they had them on base in KAF, and the Reg F are using them now....

something tells me it will be awhile before the Res Fd Ambs see them...

Reserves will only see them as loaners from the Reg F. Res Fd Ambs....never.

marcks said:

Every task where I had it, I drove it. Drove one all the time over the last year or two.

marcks said:

I hope that's not right. I was looking forward to drive these nice ride.

That was just Wainwright in the Summer/Fall of 07, probably not everywhere and could be changed in WX now.

Ok. thanks because I could not figure why they could not drive them. Prairie Dog do you know since when they are in service?

Prairie Dog said:
Reserves will only see them as loaners from the Reg F. Res Fd Ambs....never.

I cant say im suprised... they really are too nice to sit in a parking lot Rotting out 90% of the time, like the rest of our SMP fleets....

besides... someone has to keep the old CUCV Ambs on the road!  ;D

In any case... they look nice... and its about time they got a crash amb that can go more then 80kph... ie LSVW

Back