• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Units in Afghanistan

military granny

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I know this is a dumb question but the old fella's at the legion want to know. How many units from the Edmonton area are in or will be in Afghanistan now or in the very near future? I don't need the names of the units just approximately how many are there. Thanks. Oh yes I did a good web search and came up with number of personell but not the units they belong to.

didn't Edmonton just get back?  I don't think they'll be there again for a while yet and wouldn't divulging that kind of info violate OPSEC?  (DS, please correct me if I'm wrong)

1 CMBG (Edmonton) is slated for High Readiness for TF 3-09. Probably guesstimate around 10 units in all, plus some from other units outside LFWA.

rmc_wannabe said:
My OPSEC senses are tingling...

Not really, from the LFWA INTERNET PAGE:

If a Reserve solider is interested in full time employment, but does not wish to or is unable to. commit to TF 1-08, are there other upcoming employment opportunities for Primary Reserve soldiers to take advantage of?
Force generation for TF 1-08 is a primary focus, but we are also looking ahead and yes there are upcoming employment opportunities.

First, we are going to need between 300-500 soldiers to part take in the Reserve Summer Individual Training. Those soldiers who are interested need to have their name submitted to their chain of commands by February.

Secondly, Reserve soldiers who are interested in a later deployment need to know that we will be looking for Reserve soldiers for TF 3-09. Interested soldiers will need to have their names submitted by April 2008.

And from 1RCHA

After nearly two months of having significant numbers of battery members away in Wainwright, everyone is finally back.  Everyone should have gotten some leave after the exercise in order to re-charge their batteries and take care of personal matters.  While some of us were in Wainwright, the members who had been on Task Force 1-07 came back to work and provided some much needed experience and leadership to the battery.  They quickly jumped into training with both feet allowing us to run a great instinctive shooting range and preparing battery members for upcoming courses. Another great activity we’ve been able to re-commence is unarmed combat now known as Close Quarter Combat.  As a result of this training, many of us are sporting bruises.  There was even a black eye being sported a couple weeks back.  Despite the aches and pains, it is great training and, I think, enjoyed by everyone.  We are now deep into courses being run for battery in preparation for Task Force 3-09.  These courses will carry right on through to the summer.

2.  Speaking of the summer, the battery training plan from now to August 2008, is coming together.  We will be firing in support of a number of the courses so that they can conduct final exercises throughout the winter and spring.  Moving into the spring, we will start to work on the development our Afghan Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which we will employ should we deploy on Task Force 3-09

So info is out there

EDITED FOR SPELLING  :-\

Ah, then cheerfully withdrawn :) I'll go back to my corner now .

But its good you brought it up, can't be too careful.

Back