• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Statues

Michael Dorosh

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Joseph Milne was a signaller in the Tenth Battalion, forerunners of the Calgary Highlanders. He won the Military Medal an astonishing three times - two bars, in other words. He enlisted in January 1915 - and was out probably from the summer of 1915, through the Somme, Vimy Ridge, and got his third MM at Hill 70. He died of wounds in September 1918, aged 29.

84_Britneyspears_L290306.jpg

Milne never got a statue, but get a load of this:

A controversial sculpture of pop star Britney Spears giving birth will go on display next month in New York.
The sculpture shows Spears nude and crouched on all fours, in the process of delivering her baby boy Sean Preston.

The Daniel Edwards-made statue will be displayed from April 7 onwards during the Pro-Life exhibition at Capla Kesting Fine Art.

"I don't think she would be angry at the nudity of the work," Edwards said. "She has herself appeared in public nearly naked through her pop career and this work is in step with the public image she has created for herself."

"It was an inspired decision to choose Britney for my work. She is a beautiful woman and was in the middle of a beautiful pregnancy," he added.

http://www.star-ecentral.com/music/sleeve/notes.asp?file=archives/sleeve/2006/3/29/29Britneyscu&date=3/29/2006

::)

I guess the sculptor and the pro-choice group fail to realise Ms. Spears had a C-Section? Rather difficult to do that on all fours I suspect.

TMM said:
::)

I guess the sculptor and the pro-choice group fail to realise Ms. Spears had a C-Section? Rather difficult to do that on all fours I suspect.

But it was a beautiful c-section.... ::)

I may not be the brightest person but I cannot make any connection what-so-ever between the facts on Joseph Milne and the BS statue

...some help? ???

Hmmm, perhaps the point is that a soldier whose exploits and bravery should be honoured has never had a statue, while one of a pop star who probably deserves no impression more lasting than a tabloid newspaper in a landfill not only has a statue made of her, but that it receives international attention.

Just guessing.

Although Joseph Milne probably wouldn't have wanted to be commemerated in a statue like that one.
All the best,
Bart

Michael O'Leary said:
Hmmm, perhaps the point is that a soldier whose exploits and bravery should be honoured has never had a statue, while one of a pop star who probably deserves no impression more lasting than a tabloid newspaper in a landfill not only has a statue made of her, but that it receives international attention.

Just guessing.

Ain't That the Truth.

Dont you hate it when the answers so simple and your so dullĀ  8)

Now that I understand, ain't that a b!tch

Don't think Mr Milne would look all that Pretty kneeling naked on the bearskin though I am certain he would have enjoyed hanging around the studio while BS (or whoever) was posing for it :)

Five-to-One said:
Dont you hate it when the answers so simple and your so dullĀ  8)

Now that I understand, ain't that a b!tch

I'm not quite sure who or what your remarks are addressed to.

But in case the meaning of my reply to "Micheal O'Leary" has gone completely over your head, it was to totally agree with his quote.

P.S. as a courtesy to all the members of this Forum, you might fill in your profile.

Back