• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Spin Doctors tout Task Force Exploits

teddy49

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.espritdecorps.ca/military_spin_doctors_tout_task.htm

From Espirit de Corps  by way of the Canadian Forces College websight.

A pretty good editorial from Scott Taylor of all people.  He's simply pointing out what was said at the press conference wasn't what ended up in the papers.

I won't comment on Scott's contention that CP was deliberately manipulated by Defence - but I do wonder about the policy of keeping JTF2 operations under near cabalistic secrecy - I just finished reading the excellent piece on US Special Forces in Afghanistan in the Atlantic Monthly Magazine (Imperial Grunts) and the writer, Robert D. Kaplan, was granted complete access to SF operators in the Philipines and Afghanistan. (I believe some other poster noted the article on this forum).

Perhaps the CF should do the same?

Just a thought,

cheers, mdh

LOL- Scotty's in a particularly bad mood! His ATI requests for information relating to the #'s in question [if any] must have been denied. [again].

After years of seeing the press turn factual press releases and interviews into crud so heavily spun and edited that it is close to complete fiction, and use these to create sensational attacks on the prestige and  personel of the CF, it is nice to see them handled so well.  The press conference is a big "no comment" that has turned into a fiction writing contest for the attending reporters.  A nice example of the free press at its professional best ;D.  I love this country. :cdn:

I think his comments about "Ottawa based......" vs what "everyone already knows" were pretty close minded.  Just because something is public knowledge, doesn't mean you should be running around advertising it to everyone.  Sure the exact location has been published before, but if you don't need to say it to get your point across, why bother.  OPSEC not only includes secret info, but as well as discretionary use of public info.

Back