• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Reenactment

SHONIT123

Inactive
Reaction score
What is your opinion of military reenactors or military reenacting?

SHONIT123 said:
What is your opinion of military reenactors or military reenacting?

Opinions vary:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+reenactment&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=TolHVeaRMIKN8QeM2oCoCw&gws_rd=ssl#rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&q=site:army.ca+reenactment&spell=1

So the latest possible era that reenactors could cover can be the 1980's -2000's CF?
or is that still considered too modern.

There are guys that are still in that served in the 80s, way too modern.

I don't know seeing someone in Workdress bloused boots and a ascot would be good for a memory, along with those silly bowler hats and skirts for the women.

Guys in work dress and baseball caps and ankle boots.. Looks like they work for Texaco or one of the other full service gas stations....

geo said:
Guys in work dress and baseball caps and ankle boots.. Looks like they work for Texaco or one of the other full service gas stations....

When was the last time you saw a full service gas station (more than just pump your gas).

Get Nautical said:
When was the last time you saw a full service gas station (more than just pump your gas).
About the same time I wore the aforementioned outfit  :nod:

Meanwhile, farmers on the Prairies still wear that style of clothing in the field.......including the ballcap (remember those?).

Get Nautical said:
Halifax 2011 an Esso near a dodge dealer and a Tim's Bedford basin end. picked up a new truck stopped for fuel went for coffee the attendant filled my washer, fuel, checked my other fluids and said have a nice weekend as I payed for the fuel.

There's a PetroCan in Windsor on Tecumseh Rd E. It does full service and typically charges about 1.5 cents a litre above its sister self serve down the road.

Back