• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Knee Surgery Success Stories?

shadow

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,
I had the "issued" orthoscopic surgery due to a training injury just over a year ago, and my knee is now worse than it was before the surgery.
Basically I am unable to run, bike, elipticallify or do any lower body strength training anymore.  The surgeon wants to put me under the knife a second time, this time drill holes in the bone and insert pins to aid with tracking.
I was hoping I could find out how many out there have had this type of surgery and are "good as new"  or can I expect to be broken for the rest of my career?  I have heard many horror stories, and was wondering if I should take the chance.
Thanks for all your help!
Shadow

I haven't been around that long, but on consulting with my peers and supervisors who have, none of us can think of any miracle success stories.

Sorry.

I had knee surgery in aug 05 and im back to normal.  i run and bike and hike and stuff.  it gets sore every now and then but nothing like it was.  it was a civvie doctor that did the operation in medicine hat, ab.

Back