• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military intelligence unit spies on native groups

lethalLemon said:
I spy on people in the shopping malls when I eat my lunch. Will they make a breaking news segment about me now too!?

Maybe if it's a slow enough news day...

-T.

lethalLemon said:
I spy on people in the shopping malls when I eat my lunch. Will they make a breaking news segment about me now too!?

I spy on them in airports. I call it "people watching". A most interesting lot these humans...... :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Jim Seggie said:
I spy on them in airports. I call it "people watching". A most interesting lot these humans...... :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Don't be trying that south of the border. Could find yourself on a one way vacation to sunny Cuba. :'(

I like spying on the people that spy on me. Keeps them on their toes. 8)

cupper said:
Don't be trying that south of the border. Could find yourself on a one way vacation to sunny Cuba. :'(

I like spying on the people that spy on me. Keeps them on their toes. 8)
While they peek in your bedroom you peek in theirs?

No. I just peek back.

And if I'm in a good mood, I might do it naked. :eek:

Just a couple of points on the "Native" issue here.

Members of the Sarcee Nation were constantly "trespassing" onto Harvey Barracks in the last few decades prior to the end of their 100 year lease of the Sarcee Training Area. 

The Oromocto Indian Band on the boundaries of CFB Gagetown and the Town of Oromocto have been a constant thorn in the side of DND with numerous Land Claims and boundary disputes.

The Algonquin Nation are laying claim to most of Eastern Ontario, with includes not only Algonquin Park and Ottawa, but also CFB Petawawa.

The Stoney Point First Nation  occupied the former military base and Cadet Camp at Ipperwash.

Native blocades have happened in New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia.  Natives still occupy part of the town of Caledonia, in Ontario.

Of course; fading from everyone's memory, in particular the people complaining about this news, there was the Oka Crisis

There are still many other examples that haven't been mentioned.

If Native groups feel hard done by, by any agency collecting information on them, perhaps they should rethink some of the above. 

milnews.ca said:
Wait no longer - released package downloadable here (21 page PDF).

Just because it says 'intelligence' in the title doesnt neccesarily mean its a 'military intelligence' product - which is about the most you can say about it here...

Greymatters said:
Just because it says 'intelligence' in the title doesnt neccesarily mean its a 'military intelligence' product - which is about the most you can say about it here...

Just because it says intelligence doesn't mean there is a anything intelligent contained within the report.

Yes, it seems like a lot of 'intelligence' products are more along the lines of 'information' products... 

Greymatters said:
Yes, it seems like a lot of 'intelligence' products are more along the lines of 'information' products...

That's because the definition of intelligence is, "information that has been processed."  When you read a intelligence/security/counter-int report the majority of said report is information. In most cases the actual "intelligence" part is in the
comment(s) section where the analyst has taken the information, compared it to other sources and has come out with (we hope) an informed answer.

Retired AF Guy said:
That's because the definition of intelligence is, "information that has been processed."  When you read a intelligence/security/counter-int report the majority of said report is information. In most cases the actual "intelligence" part is in the
comment(s) section where the analyst has taken the information, compared it to other sources and has come out with (we hope) an informed answer.

Concur - I've written intelligence before and "intelligence" is really predicting what the opposition will do.

Im well aware of the definition of intelligence - I was refering to a large number of reports outside the military that are called 'intelligence' but are merely cut-and-paste composites...

Retired AF Guy said:
Well I sent an email off requesting the documents. Now its just wait and see.

Just a little update on my ATIP request. I had sent the email request out on the 15th of Oct and got the CD with the info requested a week later. Pretty good turn-around I would say.

Back