• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military chief warns China and Russia are 'at war with the West' and Canada is not ready

Huff. You can take that kind of ship handling talk and put it in your pocket. ;)

I still use it everyday in my new line of work 😁

Yeah, except its proximity to...well, nothing.

Rotating crews out there for 6-month stints? Maybe.

Posting folks and their families out there? Good luck.

View attachment 75184
I would be such an alcoholic if I spent more than a week there. Absolutely awesome spot to drink though!

I'm sure at some point they'll float the idea of moving an east coast CPF to the west coast again (and then wonder why they suddenly get a lot of releases).

Sure the RCN is just chomping at the bit here and ignoring what happens when we try and send ships to the Pacific Rim when they aren't in great shape (re: PRO and ALG).

I wonder how much wear and tear and fuel etc we'd save on ships if we put a little Task Group in with the Americans in Japan and rotated crews through on the odd C17 every four months or so? Could probably work out the running maintenance there too.

I guess its a question as to how serious we are about this shift to the Pacific?

:unsure:

I wonder how much wear and tear and fuel etc we'd save on ships if we put a little Task Group in with the Americans in Japan and rotated crews through on the odd C17 every four months or so? Could probably work out the running maintenance there too.

I guess its a question as to how serious we are about this shift to the Pacific?

Japan would also likely be a somewhat reasonable place to post people, and their families, as the Americans do.

This is the same Navy whose no 1 priority is Wifi on a combatant?

What did the Poles do to Musk?
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The words 'Trudeau Government' and 'Serious' don't usually appear in the same sentence for a reason ;)

That makes perfect sense, especially if the US is heading back there. Could easily mate that with the 'strengthening ties' initiative part of the programme.

Speaking of which, can't we just use Starlink now? Its constellation pretty much covers the entire planet except for the poles.
Why are you picking on the Poles? What have they done to piss off Musk?

Well that group of USN ships had a problem with maintenance and running ships into the ground.

That makes perfect sense, especially if the US is heading back there. Could easily mate that with the 'strengthening ties' initiative part of the programme.
Wasn’t Guam supposed to be the renewed Subic Bay/Clark AFB without the volcano and political unrest threat?

IIRC this was done during Op Friction in 90/91 with PRO. Not sure about ATH or TER. The RN have been doing it for years with their forward deployed T23’s and MCM vessels in the Gulf, and more recently with River B2‘s all over the Pacific.

Loads of potential maintenance options too outside of the obvious, like Lumut and Changi.

Back