• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Militarization of Police.

Remius said:
Facing life to the death penalty.

Doubt that will happen. I'm only aware of one American police officer ever to be executed.

For, "Murder by proxy, twice removed."

Remius said:
No. I never said I was in favour of defunding.  I’ve said as much.  I’m trying to understand all of the elements.  I am in favour of reform and also I think on a case by case basis as all forces likely have their challenges and differences though and in fact I am in favour of more funding to make it happen.

Militarisation is a concern but it isn’t a kit thing, I think it’s a perception and failure to communicate.  And influenced by the US view either by bad television or what we see on the news.

My point in the last few posts is that resignations are accelerating the defunding as opposed to reforming. 

I’m getting a lot from what you and others are posting to get a more informed opinion.  If you feel I’m not I’m sorry and I’ll try and get my info elsewhere.

Thanks.

Not police of course but the majority of experienced soldiers I've seen VR from the CAF due to CoC mistreatment/lack of respect have been "good dudes" who knew their self worth. They lost faith and moved on. For the most part, the crappy ones aren't the ones quitting, or if they do its because they got threatened under the table.

It's conjecture but I bet the police quitting aren't the bad guy abusers which means bad ones may be over representated of the ones trying to pick up the slack. If that makes sense.

I still think all this could avoided if there was more transparency and an oversight body that can actually deal with issues. Militarization of the police would mean, much like our CAF Court martials, disciplinary accusations and outcomes would be public. Not a bad thing.

mariomike said:
Doubt that will happen. I'm only aware of one American police officer ever to be executed.

For, "Murder by proxy, twice removed."

I doubt it as well.  But the fact that the DA mentioned it probably had an effect.  Probably won’t be sought either.

Jarnhamar said:
It's conjecture but I bet the police quitting aren't the bad guy abusers which means bad ones may be over representated of the ones trying to pick up the slack. If that makes sense.

Most of what I have read is leaving special teams, to return to regular patrol duty.

Jarnhamar said:
Not police of course but the majority of experienced soldiers I've seen VR from the CAF due to CoC mistreatment/lack of respect have been "good dudes" who knew their self worth. They lost faith and moved on. For the most part, the crappy ones aren't the ones quitting, or if they do its because they got threatened under the table.

I still think all this could avoided if there was more transparency and an oversight body that can actually deal with issues. Militarization of the police would mean, much like our CAF Court martials, disciplinary accusations and outcomes would be public. Not a bad thing.

Quite likely.  I know some dejected police officers frustrated with their COC.  Good cops, but none is quitting their jobs.  Some asking for reassignments though.

Transparency would be a good place to start I think as well.  As I mentioned, communication seems to be an issue.  Some have mentioned unions being an obstacle.  Not sure if that is really the case or not.

Ironman118 said:
Officer who shot Rayshard Brooks convicted with felony murder after suspect resisted arrest during a DUI stop, fought with both officers, stole a tazer, and firing said tazer at the officer.

https://theprovince.com/pmn/news-pmn/politics-news-pmn/atlanta-police-officer-charged-with-murder-in-shooting-death-of-rayshard-brooks/wcm/0357ab2c-bdaa-409c-883b-5a4e67f3a8cc

So he's being charged with murder. I think an important question is would he facing these charges if this happened 6 months ago?

If the answer is no then why not? Racism/biased from the police? Or because he doesn't deserve to be charged with murder BUT because of the protests now he's getting thrown under the boss?

If our justice system is changing/behaving differently because of these protests then we need to look at what was going on with the justice system before it started. Not fair for police to be hung out to dry to please the crowd.

Or if it wasn’t caught on camera?

Seems that video seems to a driving force behind these things.

Jarnhamar said:
So he's being charged with murder. I think an important question is would he facing these charges if this happened 6 months ago?

I think most of us know the answer to this.  :2c:

Anyone remember this shooting? Where they shot a guy in the subway for "walking between train cars"? Any of you actually see any of this in the news; if so was it for more than a day? Did those officers lose their jobs for attempted murder? Something to think about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjY9WKbMB6c

I have no source to support this theory, but I can't help wonder if private security contractors might be  behind some of this defunding initiative.

It’s gonna be a long night in Atlanta. It looks like the entire PD has either walked off the job or are staying office bound. Nobody’s taking calls, scanner are just static. Neighbouring county sheriffs have declined requests for assistance. It looks like a genuine ‘blue flu’ tonight in the city.

Brihard said:
It’s gonna be a long night in Atlanta. It looks like the entire PD has either walked off the job or are staying office bound. Nobody’s taking calls, scanner are just static. Neighbouring county sheriffs have declined requests for assistance. It looks like a genuine ‘blue flu’ tonight in the city.

Other cities in the US should strap themselves in, because I think we're going to see a lot of this.

Brihard said:

Should be an interesting litmus test for those preaching defund the police.

Brihard said:
Is this what it has come to? How did it come to this?

How very sad for a nation that led the world for decades.  :facepalm:

Hamish Seggie said:
Is this what it has come to? How did it come to this?

Attachments

• James-Donald-Madness-Bridge-on-the-River-Kwai.gif
    James-Donald-Madness-Bridge-on-the-River-Kwai.gif
    537.9 KB · Views: 96
Brihard said:
This is eerie.
https://www.facebook.com/ConservativeDaily/videos/2608937309423992/UzpfSTEwMDAwMDcyNzM2NDY2NzozNjQwNTYyMDI5MzExMzQw/

Brihard said:

It's ok.  Everyone has a gun in Atlanta. You don't need police when everyone is packing.

Lots of talk about "defunding the police" and using the extra money to hire social workers for wellness checks rather than police: what could go wrong.

Paramedics stabbed in Wolverhampton 'recovering well'

BBC

The ambulance crew were on a call at a property in Stephens Close, Wolverhampton

Two paramedics who were stabbed while attending a call to check on the welfare of a man are "recovering well".

Michael Hipgrave and Deena Evans were hurt at a property in Stephens Close, Wolverhampton, on Monday.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said Mr Hipgrave was discharged from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham on Monday night and is recovering at home.

Ms Evans remains at the hospital where she is receiving further treatment and remains in a stable condition.

Assistant Chief Ambulance Officer Nathan Hudson said: "Thankfully, both Michael and Deena are recovering well after yesterday's ordeal.
Image caption Police have arrested a man over the attack

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the hospital for their assistance and for looking after my members of staff in such a professional and caring manner."

A 52-year-old man who was arrested at the scene on suspicion of wounding remains in custody. He was Tasered by police and treated for his injuries before his arrest.

The paramedics were conducting "a safe and well check" at about 12:30 BST when they were attacked.

West Midlands Police said an officer who had accompanied the crew arrested a man at the scene.

Link-

I don't know what the drill is in England, or even the rest of Canada, for that matter.

This was / is our SOP,

4. wait for police assistance if,
a. there is an active shooter scenario, or
b. there is direct evidence of ongoing violence;

mariomike said:
I don't know what the drill is in England, or even the rest of Canada, for that matter.

This was / is our SOP,

4. wait for police assistance if,
a. there is an active shooter scenario, or
b. there is direct evidence of ongoing violence;

If the call comes in as a check well being for mental health without indication of medical emergency, I typically see it go to police, not EMS.

Brihard said:
If the call comes in as a check well being for mental health without indication of medical emergency, I typically see it go to police, not EMS.

Same here, paramedics in our region seem to err more on the side of caution and request police more often than not, they won't even go to welfare checks unless Police are already on scene and there is a patient, otherwise they wont even be dispatched.

Back