• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Migraines (merged)

Hello all,

I received my letter about a month ago informing me I failed the medical for attending chiropractic therapy (orthodics).

I was really crushed when I heard this. After refuting the decision, I got a letter in the mail today, stating I now meet the medical standard.

So don't give up and everything will be ok!

Good luck!

:cdn:

Today i received a call from a medical assistant from the recruiting office. She said that i was put on some kinda list?? but she also said if you go to your family doctor and get a letter written you might have a chance, but there is no guaranty that i will get in.
she also said it will be very costly on my part, which i don't get what she meant?? 
I guess going to my doctor is worth the try, right?
things just seem to be going all wrong for me.

Do what the CFRC Med Staff are telling you to do.  Its your only option, unless not getting in the CF is an option for you.  Thats your call.

There is never a guaruntee, which I will refer to as a 'blanket statement' that many people get.  I just went thru a year and a half of 'there is no guaruntee' statements regarding my Occupation Transfer.  I did what was asked of me, made sure the documents went to where they needed to go, and didn't piss off the medical people who were key to making it happen for me.  I made the decision that the effort was worth it. You will have to decide how bad you want in the CF.

If you do what you are asked, the results from your family Dr are favourable, and you keep on top of you application (remember to not take your frustrations out on the CFRC staff, they are just following the rules they have to play by), you will give yourself the best shot you can get at becoming a mbr of the CF.

Good luck!

Amy.2006 said:
. . . she also said it will be very costly on my part, which i don't get what she meant?? . . .
What she probably means is that you will have to pay for any services that you ask a civilian physician to do in order to provide that letter, e.g. examinations, consultations, labs, diagnostic imaging, preparing 3rd party reports.  As the assessment that you want your physician to perform is "not medically necessary", services required for that assessment are not insured services under any provincial health insurance plan.

You may sometimes hear of a family doctor providing such reports without directly billing the patient, however that usually occurs because the doctor does it for free (very, very rare) or because he/she is fraudulently billing the applicable provincial health plan and falsely indicating to any other health service providers involved that it is a medically necessary service (even more rare).

Someone please help me out with this....After waiting quite a while to receive my unfit letter, I thought it would be because of the asthma I had when I was a baby or the surgery I had 5 years ago, but neither was the case. It says I'm unfit because of my flat feet....I never would have thought because when I first applied that was my issue that I thought would mess everything up but after doing tones of research and asking people about it, they all have said they know people that have flat feet and are in the forces, or years ago they did not accept people with flat feet but now they do, or as long as you have orthotics you'll be fine. I'm a little confused because after my medical I was given some forms for my doctor to sign about my flat feet, there was no problem at all he didn't even recommend orthotics for me, just insoles with good arch support. I really didn't expect this at all. When I called the RC center today after receiving this letter he told me the London recruiters and med staff wont be in Sarnia till May 4th, so he told me to contact them near the end of April and see what time they'll be getting there he told me to bring the letter, and also write an appeal.

Basically what I want to say is, I thought flat feet were not an issue when joining anymore, even the CF medic that did my medical said it shouldn't be a problem but here I am unfit because of it.

SoldierInTheMaking said:
I thought flat feet were not an issue when joining anymore,

Guess you thought wrong.

Just do exactly what the CFRC told you to do. Its rather simple.

Good luck, SoldierInTheMaking!
Just remember, Audie Murphy was turned down by the Marines, but, he didn't give up!
Whatever career path you follow ( hopefully, military! ) I am sure you will do well.

I GOT IN~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PASSED MY MEDICAL!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you guys for the information!!!!! wish me luck!! i think i will need it!! lol  :salute: :cdn:

One question, when I was told be the medical staff they wanted me to get more information from my family doctor to prove that I'm eligible and fit to serve. With that being said what kind of information is he talking about, would a letter from from my doctor saying that my feet are fine they do not cause pain blah blah blah his feet will not have any affect on his ability to succeed in his training. Would that be fine or should I get more info? if so what exactly? I was unfit because  of a misunderstanding, they thought I have flat feet which cause pain, which is not the case at all. I was told by the medical staff because you have flat feet and they cause pain you are unfit for the whole Canadian Forces so you will not be able to get into any other trade......... So I'm hoping by challenging this they will reconsider.

If someone could reply quick it would be much appreciated)so I can make my doctor's appointment), Thanks!

TheDeepestGray said:
One question, when I was told be the medical staff they wanted me to get more information from my family doctor to prove that I'm eligible and fit to serve. With that being said what kind of information is he talking about, would a letter from from my doctor saying that my feet are fine they do not cause pain blah blah blah his feet will not have any affect on his ability to succeed in his training. Would that be fine or should I get more info? if so what exactly? I was unfit because  of a misunderstanding, they thought I have flat feet which cause pain, which is not the case at all. I was told by the medical staff because you have flat feet and they cause pain you are unfit for the whole Canadian Forces so you will not be able to get into any other trade......... So I'm hoping by challenging this they will reconsider.

If someone could reply quick it would be much appreciated)so I can make my doctor's appointment), Thanks!

Hi, all i did was go to my doctor, got him to check me out, then he wrote a letter to the Medical Assistant. I sent the letter away asap, and got a great letter back, saying that i made it.  BUT!.... they don't always guaranty that the letter form your family doctor will work. but just try it and see what happens good luck!  :army: 

There is a form letter you get from the CFRC medical det that you get your doctor to fill out and you return it.  The medics then send it off to the RMO for their perusal and re-evaluation.

MM

medicineman said:
There is a form letter you get from the CFRC medical det that you get your doctor to fill out and you return it.  The medics then send it off to the RMO for their perusal and re-evaluation.

MM

The thing about that is the medical staff never said I needed anything from him at all when I talked to him on the phone. To cut it short all he said was you have 30 days to make a doctors appointment get more information about your flat feet to prove your fit enough to serve and contact us back.
What I'm going to do is go to my doctors appointment get him to write me a letter because he already told me before that he thinks my feet are fine and shouldn't be a problem, so I'll get him to do that and ask him if he suggests anything else that could possibly increase my chances of proving to the RMO that my feet are not a problem at all.

Both of the CFRC's I've done medicals for had a form letter for pretty much every eventuality that would stop your application medically and they came from the RMO.  Makes things so much easier for the practitioner, as they just have to answer very specific questions regarding your history, your particular condition and prognosis (of course, if your letter from the RMO outlined that for you, it's a moot point).  The decision on how fit you are to serve is up to the RMO, not your family doc - your doc needs to be like Joe Friday and give "just the facts". 

Good luck.

MM

Alright well thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to let everyone know how things go. Thanks again!

Dylan

Well as you know I was medically unfit for the Canadian Forces because I have "painful" Flat Feet and I'm currently going through the process to challenge it because I don't have "painful" flat feet, I just have flat feet. Tomorrow I have my doctors appointment to get more information to prove I'm eligible and that my feet would not affect my ability to complete training. I just want to know what kind of information I could get tomorrow to prove that my feet are fine and don't cause pain. I'm going to get my doctor to write a letter/doctors note but would that be enough? Is there anything else that I could suggest to him to help prove my feet are fine? I just don't want to walk in there tomorrow with a boggled mind and screw anything up, i want to make sure I can get anything and everything I can to better my chances of getting accepted.

Dylan

I think that there should be substantiation that your flat feet do not cause you pain.  You're going to be doing a lot of running/ marching, and don't forget that confidence course so I"m sure they want to know they're not going to break you with all the time you're going to be on your feet.

Back