• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Messed up rapper.

EngineerWannabe

Inactive
Reaction score
I just saw this on facebook. Really messed up
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/29/pro-taliban-rapper-gets-taxpayer-subsidies#.T-81ROxziC0.facebook

I'm torn on this one. As much as this guys message disgusts and angers me, as long as government is in the business of providing subsidies for "artists" then I don't believe it should be picking and choosing based on the message of the artist. The role of the muse is to advance counter positions to the establishment and if the government censors this idiot, where does it draw the line?

jeffb said:
as long as government is in the business of providing subsidies for "artists" then I don't believe it should be picking and choosing based on the message of the artist.

I totally agree with you.

From the article found here:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2012/06/20120630-092225.html

See, that's the thing about "art." Everyone has a different taste. Most Canadians would agree that Militari's vision is sick. The fact that he has to rely on government handouts, rather than actually selling his music videos in the free market, testifies to that fact. But who should make the decisions about what taste is acceptable to the government?

Which brings it further. If he (or any other artist, whether pro military or whatever) can't make it without government hand outs, why should we be paying them to have a hobby?

Frankly, anyone with their hand out, expecting me, the taxpayer, to put something in it should be happy with the idea that I am going to put some controls on it. The government bloody well should have strings attached to every penny it doles out, even to artists. To be fair, it could be really a simple rule. Monies not to be used to foment an insurgency or other such seditious actions.

All handouts to this kid should cease. He is free to express himself anyway he sees fit. But when he lends support to our enemy, the support to enable him to be "artistic" should not be coming from the government, nor form us, the taxpayers.

jeffb said:
I'm torn on this one. As much as this guys message disgusts and angers me, as long as government is in the business of providing subsidies for "artists" then I don't believe it should be picking and choosing based on the message of the artist. The role of the muse is to advance counter positions to the establishment and if the government censors this idiot, where does it draw the line?
I'm not torn.  He is promoting hate and advocating the killing of our troops.  If he wants to do so and not cross the line enough where he'll go to jail, fine.  He can do it on his own dime, not mine as a taxpayer.  At the very least, anyone who promotes hate should not get any government funding whatsoever.

jollyjacktar said:
I'm not torn.  He is promoting hate and advocating the killing of our troops.  If he wants to do so and not cross the line enough where he'll go to jail, fine.  He can do it on his own dime, not mine as a taxpayer.  At the very least, anyone who promotes hate should not get any government funding whatsoever.

Seen this.  If he wants to promote hatred towards Canadians, and CF members......Time for him to give all that money back to the Government from which it came.  If someone wants to promote hatred or hurtful actions against me, they are a THREAT and should be dealt with.  We do have Hate Crime Laws.....Why is he exempt?  Because he got a Government grant?  I want MY taxpayer dollars back.

I don't get it.
If the 'Ban won't let kids fly kites, or send girls to school, why on earth would they put up with a rap "artist"?  Especially one of such little talent?
Perhaps for the prop value, but if they had him when their utterly false interpretation of Islam were to be realized, I think they would promise him a soccer stadium. Though not of the order that Manu Miltari has in mind.
Too bad he can't rap worth shite other than copycat crap. I've heard better rap in a field tripping class of kindergarten.
:prancing:

A simple case of hate crime like this should just fall under the human rights commission, and should be a pretty easy witchhunt investigation.  If they can get Steyn, than this ought to be a non issue.

jeffb said:
I disagree.  We have sent our soldiers into harms' way, to kill the guys that this guy is trumpeting and romanticizing.  It drew the line when guys like me (and many others) went over and killed a shit ton of those "heroes" about whom this scum sucker is lauding.

This is relativism at its worst.

Ignatius J. Reilly said:
I don't get it.
If the 'Ban won't let kids fly kites, or send girls to school, why on earth would they put up with a rap "artist"?  Especially one of such little talent?
Perhaps for the prop value, but if they had him when their utterly false interpretation of Islam were to be realized, I think they would promise him a soccer stadium. Though not of the order that Manu Miltari has in mind.
Too bad he can't rap worth shite other than copycat crap. I've heard better rap in a field tripping class of kindergarten.
:prancing:

???

Google is your friend.  Have you seen any of the propaganda that the Islamists have put onto the Net?  They are very adept at producing videos with Rappers to glorify their Jihad. 

Islamists glorify DEATH.  To die fighting the Kaffirs (Kafir, an Arabic term used by Muslims to describe non-Muslims.) makes one a martyr.  To kill an innocent "Believer (Islamist)" in the process of killing Kaffirs makes them martyrs.  To kill Kaffirs, or a Muslim who is not an Islamist, and send them to 'the great Satan' makes one a hero.  There is only DEATH in the Islamist mentality.

Islamists are the followers of radical followers of Islam who follow the Five Pillars of Islam and believe that the "Sixth Pillar of Islam", violent Jihad is the only way. 

Google is your friend:

http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/prrts/trrrsm/index-eng.asp

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/prg/ns/le/cle-eng.aspx

http://www.adl.org/terror/tu/tu_0401_canada.asp

Numpty, with his "art" only contributes to Islamist recruiting of Canadians to the Islamist movement.  His video adds to the many that are already on the web targeting Americans, Canadians and other Westerners in a means to sway impressionable minds to the the Islamist beliefs.  He is a 'Threat' to our security/safety.

I was on this individuals Facebook page last night. A number of people said that they were going to complain about him distributing hate speech. I looked this morning and apparently the administrators took down Mr Manu Militair. Well done Facebook!
I was surprised by the amount of young Quebecers who fully supported his message and automatically turned it into a French, English issue.
Strange times we live in. Happy Canada Day!

Tow Tripod said:
I was on this individuals Facebook page last night. A number of people said that they were going to complain about him distributing hate speech. I looked this morning and apparently the administrators took down Mr Manu Militair. Well done Facebook!
I was surprised by the amount of young Quebecers who fully supported his message and automatically turned it into a French, English issue.
Strange times we live in. Happy Canada Day!

Actually, looks like the tabloids spun it that way too.

To me the issue's cut-and-dried simple. Refer to Section 2(b) of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and move on. Guy is presenting a different POV, and nothing in the lyrics excerpts printed in and media I saw either "promoted" or "glorified" anything. It was a "shock value" thing to prompt people to think about war, according to the artist, and flipping a perspective does that pretty well. It didn't work out well so the guy pulled the video himself. Fair enough.

I find the idea of the government denouncing opinions they don't like to run counter to one of the most fundamental freedoms in our society and much more troublesome. I may despise what someone says, but nevertheless I will defend without reservation their right to do so. Pretty simple.

I think he probably owes Sun Media and anyone else who carried the story a thank you note for a whole lot of free publicity.

Redeye said:
Actually, looks like the tabloids spun it that way too.

To me the issue's cut-and-dried simple. Refer to Section 2(b) of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and move on. Guy is presenting a different POV, and nothing in the lyrics excerpts printed in and media I saw either "promoted" or "glorified" anything. It was a "shock value" thing to prompt people to think about war, according to the artist, and flipping a perspective does that pretty well. It didn't work out well so the guy pulled the video himself. Fair enough.

I find the idea of the government denouncing opinions they don't like to run counter to one of the most fundamental freedoms in our society and much more troublesome. I may despise what someone says, but nevertheless I will defend without reservation their right to do so. Pretty simple.

I think he probably owes Sun Media and anyone else who carried the story a thank you note for a whole lot of free publicity.

Just when i thought that no one could step up and defend this guy, look who shows up to the party.

::)

Redeye the apologist.

CDN Aviator said:
Just when i thought that no one could step up and defend this guy, look who shows up to the party.

::)

Redeye the apologist.

Explain to me, in simple terms, how muzzling any Canadian who has a different point of view is consonant with the most basic of fundamental freedoms in a democratic society. The grants process is a whole separate issue, more complicated, but it's that simple for me. I don't want a government telling people what they can or can't say. Period.

Really Redeye?  Have you even listened to his lyrics, not snippets; or watched his video?  Jihadists have been using this medium to transmit their messages and recruit for some time now.  This plays right into their hands, and the Canadian Government paid for it.  That is a real coup for them. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rufo4BR8tm8

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125186382

Redeye said:
I may despise what someone says, but nevertheless I will defend without reservation their right to do so. Pretty simple.

:bullshit:

Redeye said:
Explain to me, in simple terms, how muzzling any Canadian who has a different point of view is consonant with the most basic of fundamental freedoms in a democratic society. The grants process is a whole separate issue, more complicated, but it's that simple for me. I don't want a government telling people what they can or can't say. Period.

I don't think this work should be muzzled. I equally don't think it should be funded by the Government. If "art" contains messages that are against the good of the nation, then it should not be funded by the nation (taxpayers). This is not the same as censorship, and it's the salient point here. It's not so much what he said, it's that we paid for it.

ModlrMike said:
I don't think this work should be muzzled. I equally don't think it should be funded by the Government. If "art" contains messages that are against the good of the nation, then it should not be funded by the nation (taxpayers). This is not the same as censorship, and it's the salient point here. It's not so much what he said, it's that we paid for it.

No?

Now let me see.....If by chance he had written the lyrics to say Kill all Muslims, we would already see him up in front of a Human Rights Tribunal because some muslims found it insulting and hateful.  Funny that.  He can write about killing Canadian soldiers and "Crusaders", but heaven forbid he use any reference to killing muslims.

Something wrong with this picture?

Back