• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merry Christmas Folks

And  Governor General David Johnston and Minister Stephen Harper add their best wishes.

According to an article in the Ottawa Citizen the prime minister "issued a brief message to mark the Christmas season. He says it is a time for ‘‘joyful reunions with family and friends, a time to reflect on our good fortune, and a time to remember those in our midst who have less‘‘ ... [he added] that as Canadians count their ‘‘many blessings,‘‘ he asks that we also ‘‘give a moment to our brave men and women in uniform‘‘ ... [and] asks that we offer a ‘‘thought and a prayer for them and their families.‘‘"

The same article say that Governor General David Johnston "also aimed his remarks at member of the military and their families. He said the recent deaths of Forces members are a reminder of the stresses in the military and the mental health challenges personnel can face. ""

Hope everyone has a Happy Christmas, a Merry New Year, and all the best to you and yours during the Holiday season.

Just a reminder ...

Seventy years ago our forebearers were, as many Canadian Forces members are today, taking their Christmas dinner under less than ideal circumstances:

xmas-ortona.jpg

The Seaforth Highlanders take a short break, in company by company rotation, for Christmas dinner at Ortona in 1943

3320_600.jpg

A meal in the mess decks of a Canadian corvette (HMCS St Therese) in 1944

Funny.  I was thinking of, just today from memory, a photo from that same Ortona dinner showing a soldier happily tucking into his turkey dinner.

To all my brothers and sisters who are serving away from home this day, and their families and lastly to all of you here.  TOR and the Sandbox in particular, Merry Christmas everyone.  May 2014 be a wonderful year for us all.  :cheers:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for everyone.

I leave for a few days, to come back and find everyone is cheery.
What happened?  :snowman:

Back