• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merit boards for D.E.O.

Whom are you swearing in? Do you not mean Sworn In? ;)
Just kidding of course, best of luck.
Remember, it's all a big game, just play the game.

"I am being sworn in tomorrow." Are we all happy now?

What date is everyone showing up to St. Jean? My course (ser 0087) starts the 8th of jan and the offer says I should show up no later than the 7th at 1500. My recruiter going down on the 6th would probably be best.

I was told my course also starts on the 8th, that I am to report to St. Jean by 16:00 hours, and that I would be flying out on the 6th.
However, I have also been bothering my CFRC continuously.
Magravan, I am sure they will tell you soon. 
See you soon!

Sworn in tomorrow as well with a posse. Did not know so many people cared.  Flying out Jan 06, 07 : 0900h  Winnipeg. 

exsemjingo said:
I was told my course also starts on the 8th, that I am to report to St. Jean by 16:00 hours, and that I would be flying out on the 6th.

Same.

exsemjingo said:
However, I have also been bothering my CFRC continuously.
Magravan, I am sure they will tell you soon. 
See you soon!

I'm confident that they will. I hope to get some answers tomorrow, when I can speak with them face to face.

I wish I knew my travel itinerary.  It seems odd that they are making me train it up when I live further than some people who get to fly to St. Jean.  Talk about bad luck for me!

I find out all that information tomorrow when I get sworn in...hopefully.

They use whatever is cheapest.

I am being sworn in tommorow in Calgary and then I find out my arrangements as well.

Anybody else getting sworn in Calgary?

I got told that it was flying or Personally Owned Motor Vehicle... It might be the CFRC that you work out of...

I am flying out on the 6th... 9am from Toronto... Should be fun getting to the airport that early ;)

Magravan said:
I am flying out on the 6th... 9am from Toronto... Should be fun getting to the airport that early ;)

???

What are you talking about?  Sounds like you get to sleep in.  ;D

George Wallace said:
???

What are you talking about?  Sounds like you get to sleep in.  ;D

Factor in the long line ups at the airport, traffic on the 401 during rush hour and not so much sleeping in.  ;D

I am just going to roll out of bed (hopefully not my own but it probably will be) get in my car and head for STJ

If I miss that plane, they are going to bury me... To be honest, I have to look at the travel arrangements and see if there were any considerations built in for not having a guaranteed car to get me to the airport in the first place...

Magravan said:
If I miss that plane, they are going to bury me... To be honest, I have to look at the travel arrangements and see if there were any considerations built in for not having a guaranteed car to get me to the airport in the first place...

It is called a "Taxi".  I think you will have to start learning a few things right away.  No matter what, it is your responsibility to get to your place of employment on time, even when travelling on Leave.  If you have any difficulties, it is your responsibility to notify your superior immediately.  You had better find out what their numbers are.

Magravan said:
I got told that it was flying or Personally Owned Motor Vehicle... It might be the CFRC that you work out of...

Oh dear, if 9am is a problem your course will be interesting indeed.  ;)

Magraven, you're looking a little wet behind the ears there...
But how do you have a family of five and no car?

George Wallace said:
It is called a "Taxi".  I think you will have to start learning a few things right away.  No matter what, it is your responsibility to get to your place of employment on time, even when travelling on Leave.  If you have any difficulties, it is your responsibility to notify your superior immediately.  You had better find out what their numbers are.

GW - Taxi from Oshawa? I guess I better get one hell of an advance on my travel claim... Also: "I have to look at the travel arrangements and see if there were any considerations built in for not having a guaranteed car to get me to the airport in the first place." You'd almost think that I was *gasp* planning to look at the documentation I received more closely.

Jesse - Yes... Because we all have teleportation powers that mean that we can wake up precisely when we need to be there, and not take into account the potential for inclement weather, insane amounts of traffic and the time required to take care of everything else.

Ex- It sucks, but we've had to rely on busses and the occasional taxi ride.

Back