• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merged subject - Nicknames

Well, my last name is Stevens... Apparently when I was a youngun, there was a famous guy named Cat Stevens... Tea for the Tillerman, Here Comes The Sun, etc...

CHIMO,  Kat

A similiar thread has been started quite recently.  

Both threads merged

Slim
STAFF

I just use my real Christian and Sur name. Nothing more.

;D

Cheers,

Wes

Was the Regimental Drum Major of two different Infantry Regiments plus the DM of the Central Band in Ottawa. Formal = Drum Major. Informal = Drummy.

Drummy

Big Foot said:
Combat Wet Weather Boot size:
300/114
Enough said.

what size would that be in lets say ADIDAS?  i have a size 17-18 shoe. i depends on the maker

My name is after Ernesto "Che" Guevara, unpopular in many circles and popular in many of the circles I loathe.
Middle Class upbringing which he left after seeing how the 'other' half lived and decided to give his life to something greater then himself, regardless of ones personal feelings on his exploits, military aptitude, right/wrongness of his acts, it's an admirable trait.
Not without his flaws, he abandoned the compassion and empathy which caused him to leave Argentina, for cold institutionalism and other less admirable things. Actually read recently that his exploits after the Cuban revolution were impacted and shaped because he suffered from a form of PTSD, a complex individual at any rate.

I really like his writing, knew his biographical details down to sexual exploits and wanted something with a military theme so..Che.

Sir Francis Edward Younghusband (1863-1942) was a British explorer, army officer, military-political officer, and foreign correspondent born in India who led expeditions into Manchuria, Kashgar, and Tibet. He three times tried and failed to scale Mt. Everest and journeyed from China to India, crossing the Gobi desert and the Mustagh Pass (alt. c.19,000 ft/5,791 m) of the Karakoram mountain range in modern day Pakistan. Convinced of Russian designs on British interests in India, Younghusband proactively engaged in the nineteenth century spying and conflict over Central Asia between the British and the Russians known as the Great Game.

I am interested in geopolitics, and have been to the deserts of China, Kashgar and the Pamir Plateau (among other places), and I admire him. I wish I could be as great an explorer as he was! I use the name for all my blogging/surfing needs.

Last posting before retirement Foreman of Signals 79 Com Regt, the old is self explanatory.

Regards Old F of S

before tech-dom - I spent a lot of time as a sig (callsign pronto)... They all thought the nickname suited my attitude perfectly. It became my nickname off-net too.

J-Swift...

hmm, I don't even remember really, my friends just call me that..

BUT..My "army nickname" is...Roxanne, god what a story

So, it was the second weekend of SQ and we were all tucked away in a airlocked gross smelling classroom (in the armouries, we weren't at aldershot yet) we couldn't really sleep so, when someone got up to go to the bathroom, everyone said "my name" go lay in "his name"'s cot and scare him when he comes back, so I thought what the heck. A few minutes passed and when "his name" came back, I jumped up on him and started to dance, for reasons I will never know. After the shock and awe was over, they offered me money to dance, hence the Roxanne nickname (stripper name) lol, god, course can be pretty interesting sometimes..

BOOMER004 short for my last name Boomhouwer ( Yes like that King of the hill guy) and my last three.
The name is a mixed blessing, You never forget a handle like that.

My friends at school started calling me billyiam one day. This came from the fact that my real name is william and that when "williams" get older they like to be called bill. Well im not old at all and i hate the name bill so they thought it was a great idea to call me a bit of both.
It hasn't stuck all that much though they usually call me willy and thats fine with me. :)

Well some of my friends call me "Goddess" because my middle name means "Goddess" or "God's Princess"
I also get "shorty," "kid," "midget." Standing at only 5 foot 2 is a problem.

Then there's my "destroyer of worlds" title.
I get violent when I'm angry.  ;D

I sprained my ankle during one of our late night sojourrns in to Halifax, so I got saddled with Gimpy...  A certain PO didn't like my hair, so I got Spike and/or GQ from him...  :)

T

Condor was my nickname because I used to perch on my chair, first email account I got, condor was taken, so I stuck 888000 on the end and there it is.... most people either call me Sheehan or Leprechaun though........

Some of my troops refer to me as "The Dark Lord".  Fortunately, they are much smarter than I, hence I have no idea that they call me that.

Lexi said:
Well some of my friends call me "Goddess" because my middle name means "Goddess" or "God's Princess"
I also get "shorty," "kid," "midget." Standing at only 5 foot 2 is a problem.

Then there's my "destroyer of worlds" title.
I get violent when I'm angry.   ;D

A few high school friends started calling me "Elf" when we were freshmen and the name kinda stuck. I'm known to answer to "Polv" as well.

And Lexi really is the "Destroyer of Worlds".
icon_wink.gif

Woo-hoo first post!

Kippis!

~Finn

Back